Question wwyd?

rosey2007

My 22 month ds is outgrowing his tribute rear facing. The Tribute is in grandmas car and grandma just doesn't get the straps tight enough. I have shown her many times over the past five years how to do the straps on different seats.She just will not do it anyway. As much as I hate to do this I feel that forward facing him in her car might be my only option. I think that she will keep the straps tightened in forward facing mode.

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
1: the tribute has hard to tighten straps.

2: why do you think she would keep the straps tight ffing?

Maybe take her shopping and let her pick a seat she can tighten easily?

hrice

Adjust the straps to the proper tightness and tell her not to loosen them. I almost never adjust the straps on our seats.

I wouldn't even consider FF a 1 year old. Or a 2 year old for that matter. 3 is my absolute bare minimum for FF.

creideamh

Don't have her drive him? My mom knows the rule is if she can't properly buckle in DD, she doesn't get to drive her anywhere. She and my dad keep the straps in one place like PP said, and they don't touch them (think I scared them with my threat of no driving allowed... heh)

I like the idea of taking her shopping for a seat she feels she can easily adjust.

rosey2007

If money wasn't so tight I would let her have the Trumiph that is in my car. Ds is just about outgrown the Tribute rear facing. Something that I was just thinking about is installing the Triumph in her car when she has the kids and I can keep the Tribute as an emergency seat. The Triumph is so much easier to tighten the straps on.

christineka

I would rather have a child have loose straps rfing than be ffing with loose straps. I'd switch out the triumph for grandma if she has an easier time with it.

rosey2007

christineka said:
I would rather have a child have loose straps rfing than be ffing with loose straps. I'd switch out the triumph for grandma if she has an easier time with it.

Yea I think I will have her try the triumph.I have a hand condition and its really hard for me to use the tribute,so we will probably have to just switch the Triumph until I can get another seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC