Puzzling Database

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
This is an idea in progress, I want to see a) if anyone else feels it would be usable, and b) if anyone is willing to contribute. If it's viable, I am happy to head it up (unless someone else wants to,) as long as no one minds me doing it at a snail's pace. :p

I've long thought that we should have some sort of a what puzzles well with ___ list, but the more I think about it, the more it should almost be a table. A table with photos and measurements would be even better.

I am envisioning something like a basic website, where you select what you want to puzzle, and with what type of seat -- like, select "FF Radian" and then select "infant seat." That pulls up a list of infant seats, with photos and measurements.

What I'm thinking is a 1-3 photos of the puzzle (maybe an overall, a closeup, and then any sort of exception/detail shot if necessary... fewer is better if it tells the story) and then measurements: Seats' individual widths, seats' puzzled overall width, seats' puzzled width at seat bight. So, for example, since I know it well -- Rear-Facing Radian and Rear-Facing MyRide. Individually they are 17 + 20" at their widest points, so 37" but puzzled together they are maybe 33" wide at their widest point (child's shoulder area) and just 26" wide at the seat bight.

Would this prove useful to anyone? Would anyone be willing to contribute photos and measurements? Are there any add'l measurements or suggestions anyone has for this type of project?

ADS

Brianna

I think it sounds great. Would it be possible to account for puzzling differences like a raised center seat vs flat bench?

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

Great idea. It would also be a good idea to list the average seat length/width so the seat's puzzled together, added up can be then visualized in someone's car. I hope that makes sense

Carrie_R

I think it sounds great. Would it be possible to account for puzzling differences like a raised center seat vs flat bench

It's possible -- just an extra set of data to look for, do seats a and b puzzle with both rf, both ff, A RF and B FF, A FF and B RF, now repeat the whole thing on a different style bench -- kwim? So two data sets from each pair of seats... but it could easily be a checkbox, "raised seat, lowered seat, same-level seat," just not sure how to implement it?

Great idea. It would also be a good idea to list the average seat length/width so the seat's puzzled together, added up can be then visualized in someone's car. I hope that makes sense

Jess, are you talking about front-to-back depth? Or can you give me an example? I'm a bit unsure what you're talking about.

Does anyone else have any input? I can try to come up with a list of seats/combos tonight & tomorrow since I'm off for the holiday and see if I can come up with some sort of format for submitting info.

knlrachel

I would LOVE this! I have been tearing my hair out trying to figure out different seats to puzzle in my van. Having a database would be awesome :)

jubgulia

My dad had the idea of making an app for this. If there was an organized database, I'm sure he could do it.

Carrie_R

An app would be awesome!

I should have some time this weekend - I'll try to draft something up. If anyone with more time wants to take over (or buddy up,) let me know. On the plus side, I should have much more time after next week :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC