Girl Print Graco Ultra Cargo or Platinum?

U

Unregistered

Hi! I am wondering if Graco has an Ultra Cargo or Platinum with a girl print? It would also be nice if it had the EPS foam, memory foam, and a front adjuster. Seat does not have to be rear facing, but it needs to have high harness slots since I have a lightweight. Other suggestions welcome.

Oh, I have the Britax Marathon. However, the center lap only belt does not fit under those LATCH bars when installed forward facing. Also, it would be nice to have a lighter weight seat since this one will be installed and taken out as needed. How bad would it be to take those bars off....other than it can never to be used for LATCH again.

I've been looking at the daisy print Scenera, but isn't the Cargo's highest shoulder slots still about 1 to 2" higher?

Thanks!

ADS

singingpond

Oh, I have the Britax Marathon. However, the center lap only belt does not fit under those LATCH bars when installed forward facing. Also, it would be nice to have a lighter weight seat since this one will be installed and taken out as needed. How bad would it be to take those bars off....other than it can never to be used for LATCH again.

Are you sure? Our car has a fairly large latch plate on the center lap-only belt, and it definitely doesn't fit under the Marathon's LATCH bar at the spot where the seatbelt has to sit when installed. However, I just let out some extra length on the belt, and can fiddle it under the bar at a slightly more spacious spot several inches away -- then, once the latch plate is under the bar on both sides, you shift the belt webbing back into proper position and tighten. I definitely wouldn't remove the LATCH bar, unless Britax specifically said it was OK in this situation -- the seat was tested with the bar in place, and it may contribute to the overall support of the plastic shell in some way (even though it doesn't seem to be used in a FF lap-belt-only install).

Katrin

Loves2sing

Me too! I have a HUGE lap buckle in my Sunbird, and sliding the loose seatbelt forward a few inches works like a charm. You still have to manuever it around a little bit to get it in, but it works great! I wouldn't recommend removing the bars. If you ever did want them back, you never know how well they would reattach.:twocents: Just think, you take off the bars, then when the seat isn't in the car, you are in a ccident, and need a new car. New car has LATCH, what a pain in the butt to have to use a seatbelt now when the oh so easy LATCH is readily available. KWIM?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC