Traveling with toddler/carseat

MommaMia

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct forum...

We're thinking about taking our toddler to Disney for her 3rd bday. We'd be flying. And I plan to bring/use her carseat on the flight. However, when we arrive, Disney provides transportation to the hotels via bus. Does anyone know if the bus has seat belts? If so, can a carseat be restrained in these type of belts? Any suggestions about what we could/should do?

Thanks.

ADS

kathysr98

I'm not sure what transportation Disney uses, but if it's charter style bus, it may or may not have seatbelts. Large buses of that type are generally considered safe without seatbelts because of their size & compartmentalization. If they have seatbelts, I would certainly install her seat & have her use it. If there are no seatbelts, it's best if she will sit in a seat by herself, not in your lap, but do whatever you must to keep her seated somewhere. You also need to be sure her carseat is handled properly so it is not damaged. If the bus isn't terribly full, I would carry it onto the bus & put it in an empty seat so it doesn't end up with luggage piled on top of it. Enjoy your trip!

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The Disney busses (to/from airport) have not had seatbelts, but the last trip we took (late May,) both of the busses we took, as well as my friends busses, had belts - so I am wondering if they are retrofitting them. Those belts did NOT lock, so you would need to use a locking clip or bring a seat with lockoffs.

Transportation around the resort is on city-style busses and you will not need a car seat.

Depending on your daughter's size, I would either bring a seat for the plane and then play the bus by ear, or use a CARES harness on the plane and forgo a restraint on the bus. If it were my child, I would probably bring the carseat and cross my fingers for a seatbelted bus.

CourtneyL

Car seats are not allowed on Magical Express, they must be stowed under the bus with the other luggage. This question gets asked a lot over at DISborads and I havent seen any posts lately about car seats being allowed.

AvIsmom

I was wondering the same thing. We are planning on going in Nov when DDs are 16 mo & 2.5, while they are under 3 and still free.:p Please let me know how things work out. Does the CARES really work? I have to see if I can use it for both girls. Are they approved for takeoff and landing? Maybe I'm thinking of a different harness that is not approved?????

kater-tot82

We are going to Disney in October and Dd2 will be 2yr3mo. I was going to buy a Scenera or a similar seat for the plane and then just store it on the Magical Express if we couldn't use it. I feel I would at least use the seat again vs a CARES harness...

I will be watching this thread for ideas though!

kathysr98

I would definitely have a safe way to transport my child in a car at my destination. While you may plan to use Disney transportation the entire time you are there, if you have a sudden need for urgent care or some other problem having a carseat or even a travel vest could make a lot of difference in your trip.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC