Fr85 in 2012 Buick Enclave

wnkw

Need suggestions on how to install fr 85 in captains chair. Lbp or spb? Im 38 weeks pregnant so I thought id try here before trying to install in the ga heat + rain.

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I haven't done that vehicle, but generally you can try SBP and if it doesn't seem to get tight, go with LBP. Have you installed the Frontier before? The videos are helpful if you're new to LBP especially:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uuovrWhQp0"]Britax Frontier: Installation Using Vehicle Lap/Shoulder Belt; Long Path - YouTube[/ame]

And here's short:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnKqXuFzBzQ"]Britax Frontier 85 Harness-2-Booster Seat: Harness Mode Installation Using Lap/Shoulder Belt - YouTube[/ame]

Don't forget to hook up your top tether - and adjust the straps to at or above your child's shoulders before you get it in the car, you can't move them without uninstalling otherwise.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I have a 2011 Traverse, but with a bench seat and I have installed it both in the 2nd and 3rd rows. In the 2nd, I have done LATCH and LBP (NOT together!) and in the 3rd row LBP. In the 3rd row passenger side, I had to have help as the belt it BARELY long enough. I can not get it myself. I prefer LBP when ever possible over SBP.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC