Rolling device thingy for car seats in the airport?

ADS

Eclipsepearl

My toddlers could ride in the car seat on the cart no problem. It worked exactly like the overpriced Gogo Kidz Travelmate. I also don't trust the Travelmate because of the plastic base. I had another plastic based cart that broke with just a suitcase (pre-baby days) so I prefer a metal base.

Mine also has a telescoping handle, which is nice but not a deal-breaker. If you are tall, make sure the handle is tall enough for you to pull it comfortably.

lyn_ak

I've looked at the Walmart cart and the Britax cart and decided to go with the Britax cart since I found it on sale. Its got a telescopic handle that locks at any position (I'm tall). With the design of the cart, the seat won't ever touch the ground and the weight is distributed evenly so there is no tipping danger if you rest the cart on the ground and let go of the handle. I've also read reviews that it works perfectly with Radians and the website states that it fits most non-Britax car seats. The base is also longer and the dimensions of the support metal "tubes" is bigger than the Walmart ones.

If you can find it on sale and can justify the extra cost, go for it.

brightredmtn

OMG I think I bought a Traveling Toddler and totally forgot. It's sitting in a drawer! I killed my back wearing that stupid Radian as a backpack needlessly!!! :doh:

Eclipsepearl

OMG I think I bought a Traveling Toddler and totally forgot. It's sitting in a drawer! I killed my back wearing that stupid Radian as a backpack needlessly!!! :doh:

The Radian's a little heavy for that. Also, wheely bags make really bad carry-on's. They're the first to be grabbed if there's no room to stow them (which happens a lot). Also, that's a lot of extra weight on the handles, which weren't really meant to carry that much.

My Radian did great on the cart. I could wheel it down the aisle to my seat. Then whatever carry-on you bring (I highly recommend a carry-on that can go under the seat in front of you) can be stuffed into the seat when the toddler isn't riding in it.

lyn_ak

The Radian's a little heavy for that. Also, wheely bags make really bad carry-on's. They're the first to be grabbed if there's no room to stow them (which happens a lot). Also, that's a lot of extra weight on the handles, which weren't really meant to carry that much.

My Radian did great on the cart. I could wheel it down the aisle to my seat. Then whatever carry-on you bring (I highly recommend a carry-on that can go under the seat in front of you) can be stuffed into the seat when the toddler isn't riding in it.

I agree. Some of those cheaper wheeled carry-on's are really poorly made. I've had a couple that the handle either broke or the wheels break or something breaks as soon as I pack the bag too heavy. I wouldn't want to try and pack 40lbs (full bag plus radian without child) on that.

Plus if you need to get in the bag, you'll have to undo the entire contraption.

lawgirl5

I just used the new Brica car seat transporter a few weeks ago . Worked great! Very compact and light weight to fit in the over head and the wheels fold flat into the base.

jnamommy

In the past we have used a GoGoKidz. Last month, I used a luggage cart and bungeed my Radian right to it. The luggage cart was much, much better than the Go Go Kidz. And the Radian and cart were narrow enough to wheel right down the aisle.

stephie1012

I just flew by myself with 3 kids, I needed simple lol. I have a bjcm and baby flew with a scenera. If you put the top of the carseat into the basket facing upwards you can attach it with a bungee cord. It worked out so well. I can take a pic if anyone needs a visual.

TexasMama

$20 luggage cart from Walmart/Target :) Alligator LATCH clips snap right on.

I have done this when my hub is with me. I LOVE it.

But when alone, I need a full sized stroller to cart my luggage and it must also double as a car seat carrier.

So I bought a set of bungees from the dollar store and strapped my car seat to the back of the stroller. It is the total bomb.

The whole front of the stroller is open for my luggage carrier needs.

I babywear so baby is on me.

TexasMama

I just flew by myself with 3 kids, I needed simple lol. I have a bjcm and baby flew with a scenera. If you put the top of the carseat into the basket facing upwards you can attach it with a bungee cord. It worked out so well. I can take a pic if anyone needs a visual.

Ohmygosh....I flew with five this week and I did this, too, with a Scenera!

I just had to post about it because I thought it might help somebody! :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC