Safety 1st Comfy Carry

crunchierthanthou

Thoughts?

I've seen it mentioned a few times, but apparently didn't file away the info.

Does the "Elite" mean anything? Is there a non-elite version?

Wayfair has one for $35 right now, and I'm wondering if it's the solution for a friend on a limited budget.

I made the mistake of reading the reviews on walmart.com. I was trying to see a pic of the cover pattern that's on sale, and they were the first result. There were a couple 2-star reviews. One was because it won't snap on top of a shopping cart. The other was because the handle doesn't go far enough forward to effectively hang toys in front of the baby's face. ooooh boy. :rolleyes:

ADS

PikkuMyy

One of the babies in my care (daycare) has a Comfy Carry. It's the non-elite version and therefore the harness adjusts from the back. I'm not a fan. It seems really small and there is no padding whatsoever. The straps are always twisting as well. I think that the elite version with front adjust would make it a LOT better as far as adjustment goes. However, I could still see the twisting being an issue for parents.

I have never installed the seat in a car so I can't give input from that angle.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I have one (rear adjust) and don't care for it. It has very little padding/foam. I put my finger thru the epp styroafoam the 2nd time I used it for teaching just by trying to pull it towards me across the seat. :( the epp has continued to break on me. I've only had it 3-4 months in a climate controlled storage room... :(

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I just installed the back adjust this weekend. I hate it more than the snugride back adjust. The front adjust, I like fine. Not Key fit fine, but fine.

christineka

I have one for demo, have seen a few in the field, and have passed one from one friend to another- all have been the rear-adjust.

Compared to other brands' cheapest infant seats, I like the comfy carry best. Despite the rear-adjusters, the harness strap is all one, so you take it out of the rear adjusters, rethread to the right harness position, then put it back into the rear-adjusters, which are easy to thread the harness through. It is much easier than changing harness heights for all the other rear-adjust seats. The harness adjusts very low for a tiny baby. It is a shorter shelled seat (18.5 inches), but if a person has a short baby or only wants an infant seat until 6 months, it is usually sufficient. (My baby fit at 2 years old and 20 pounds, but she's abnormal.) It is lacking in padding, but I doubt that most babies care because they are so very light. My kids had cheapo seats back in the day when cheap seats never had padding and none of my kids ever complained. The one issue I have with the seat is that it can be more difficult to get the seat to lock into the base. If you are a diligent person, it'll just take a minute longer, but not a good seat for a person who is not diligent about ensuring that the seat is securely locked into the base. nbd.com has a comfy carry elite on sale now- or did last night.

crunchierthanthou

Thanks for the info. The one on Wayfair is an Elite. Pretty sure it's the same model/pattern as on NBD, but only $35 shipped

I don't think I'd use the word diligent in this case. I'll have to keep looking for another affordable option.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC