To buy tonight, sales?

dragonfly8

DH has told me to go buy another booster (for our 6.5 year old, 48lb kiddo) to keep in our spare vehicle. Please understand.......he has banned me from buying more seats, so I'm going tonight before he changes his mind!
We have 2 HBTB (one in papas car and the other in my car), and 2 harnessed seats.
The HBTB is on sale at CT for just under $50. Do I get another of those? Or should I just get him a backless one? He wouldn't be sitting in this one often, just if hubby needs it.
I'd like to get an Apramo, but it's not on sale (not that it's $$ but I know it goes on quite cheap here and there). Anything else someone can suggest? Under $50 please! Are there other sales on today?

ADS

smackeen

Here are this past weeks sales from https://www.facebook.com/AtlanticCarSeatSafety

First off, sears has 15% off all seats in store only - including the ones mentioned below:

Looking for an infant seat?

The Safety First OnBoard seat is available in a travel system for $209.97 – it’s an infant seat that will take a 4lbs preemie.

Looking for an infant/child seat?

Sears has the Graco MyRide on for $169.99 – Fits a newborn (will really fit a tiny one too) Rear faces to 40lbs, forward faces to 65lbs. 16.5” THS (Top Harness slots)

Sears also has the Diono Radian 120 on for $237.99 – 18” Top harness slots, 65 lbs harness. Rear faces to 45lbs. VERY narrow, but LONG and sometimes incompatible – but great for 3 across situations.

Canadian Tire has the Safety First Complete Air on for $139.99. Great tall harness 65lbs forward facing seat, rear facing to 40lbs (does not fit a newborn) 17” THS

Toys R Us has the Evenflo Triumph Advance for $129.97 – high top harness slots and a 65lbs forward facing limit – takes an average newborn (con: LOW rear facing weight limit of only 30lbs :() 17” THS

Looking for a forward facing harness/booster seat

Sears has the Evenflo Maestro on for $79.99 – 18” top harness slots, and a 47lbs weight limit – GREAT for TALL skinny kids. One of our favs at $40 off.

Looking for a booster?

Can Tire has the Graco Turbo Booster on for $47.59 – one of our fav dedicated booster – fits most kids well, doesn’t require additional head support behind it (remember to put in the armrest screws)

ToysRUs has the Evenflo Big Kid for $44.97 – our second fav. dedicated booster – a little wider and comfier for bigger kids also doesn’t require additional head support behind the headrest.

Does not look like much this coming week.

dragonfly8

I picked up a Harmony booster, just looked at the manual and it states the following:

It is recommended that the switchable retractor be engaged by the caregiver in order to hold the child snugly and ensure that the shoulder belt cannot be pulled out.
Place your child into the booster seat and fasten the seatbelt.
Pull the seatbelt all the way out until the retractor locks.
SLOWLY let the seatbelt retract until it is snug against your child.
Ensure that it is not too tight or too loose.
Do the same for all unused seatbelts.

And for those vehicles that do not have switchable retractors? I've never seen this stated in a manual before. It does not say it's REQUIRED, it's only recommended. I don't have this option in my vehicle, but I don't know if I'd follow the recommendations if I did have the option, IMO it kind of defeats the purpose of being in a booster, if you're kind of "harnessing them in" so to speak.......

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
There's some discussion about this here - I don't recall the details: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=222833

I picked up a Harmony booster, just looked at the manual and it states the following:

It is recommended that the switchable retractor be engaged by the caregiver in order to hold the child snugly and ensure that the shoulder belt cannot be pulled out.
Place your child into the booster seat and fasten the seatbelt.
Pull the seatbelt all the way out until the retractor locks.
SLOWLY let the seatbelt retract until it is snug against your child.
Ensure that it is not too tight or too loose.
Do the same for all unused seatbelts.

And for those vehicles that do not have switchable retractors? I've never seen this stated in a manual before. It does not say it's REQUIRED, it's only recommended. I don't have this option in my vehicle, but I don't know if I'd follow the recommendations if I did have the option, IMO it kind of defeats the purpose of being in a booster, if you're kind of "harnessing them in" so to speak.......

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC