2013 seats?

Saruca22

Does anyone know if there are any new carseats coming out this fall or early 2013? Particularly tall cOnvertibles or combo boosters? My daughter might have at most 6 months left in her combi coccoro and I'm debating on buying a new frontier now or wait it out to see if anything new and exciting is coming out soon ;-) isn't the fall expo in September??

ADS

Brianna

I'm not aware of any 2013 seats we know of yet, just some 2012 seats that we're still waiting on.

How old and heavy is your daughter? We may have recommendations other than the Frontier.

jheimes

The First Years B830 Unite is supposed to be out fall 2012. It's a FF seat that turns into a highback booster.

Saruca22

My DD is 2.5, 37.5", 30 lb., ALL torso. She's pushing 14.5" in the torso. She is FF and we plan to keep her that way bc that works best for our family. I'm stuck between getting a better convertible like maybe a Peg that might last her until high back booster age at 6ish that we could then have around as a second convertible when we have another baby. Or if I should just get a combo booster like a frontier or prosport that'll work for possibly longer. I really like the clek high back booster so I might eventually get that when she's older anyways. I LOVE the foonf concept but haven't gotten to see it or do I know if it's worth the money for our current situation??? It's so pretty looking though :) we drive a 2006 GMC envoy Denali. What o you think mamas? What would you do?

Brianna

Personally, I would RF her. It's still much safer at her age. I know you say it's what works best for your family, but read this and see if you still feel the same http://carseatblog.com/5168/why-rear-facing-is-better-your-rf-link-guide/

I wouldn't buy a convertible if I was only going to use it FF, unless there is another child to pass it down to. Combination seats (harness to booster) will last longer, especially for a child with a long torso. I would look at Evenflo Maestro or Securekid, Graco Nautilus or Argos and Britax Frontier if she's going to stay FF.

Saruca22

Brianna- thanks for your concern. I am well aware of all the research and all factors considered in this is safest for us and I don't feel guilty or concerned about that that decision. I'll have to look at a couple more of those sets you mentioned but I think I'm leaning towards a frontier unless someone can convince me otherwise ;-)

Brianna

The Frontier will last approximately 2 years longer in harness mode (height wise) than the other seats I listed. If she is all torso, it may be the best choice for her. It's a heavy seat though, so i wouldn't plan on moving it often. After you've read the manual you may find Britax's installation videos on YouTube helpful. If you need a spare seat for other vehicles, the other seats I listed should be fine for her, except possibly the Maestro with a 50 pound harness limit.

I would hold off on a convertible to pass down to a future baby- there could be new and exciting seats out by then that you may like more than what's available now.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

tiggercat

Saruca22 said:
My DD is 2.5, 37.5", 30 lb., ALL torso. She's pushing 14.5" in the torso. She is FF and we plan to keep her that way bc that works best for our family. I'm stuck between getting a better convertible like maybe a Peg that might last her until high back booster age at 6ish that we could then have around as a second convertible when we have another baby. Or if I should just get a combo booster like a frontier or prosport that'll work for possibly longer. I really like the clek high back booster so I might eventually get that when she's older anyways. I LOVE the foonf concept but haven't gotten to see it or do I know if it's worth the money for our current situation??? It's so pretty looking though :) we drive a 2006 GMC envoy Denali. What o you think mamas? What would you do?

What would I do? I'd rearface her. She's actually pretty similar in size and proportion to my youngest (almost 3, 29lb, 15 in torso) who has plenty of room to grow in his RXT.
If she's going to be FF despite the decrease in safety, I'd probably get a Frontier.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Snorris2

I would rf her. She's actually quite a bit smaller than my rf'ing 2.5 year old. May I ask why ff'ing works better for your family?

From what I understand, the CCO doesn't take up a lot of room rf'ing. You could also get a Radian with an angle adjuster. It gets most kids to an acceptable booster age.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC