Vent Random strangers in parking lots.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I did it. I asked a random stranger in a parking lot if I could help with her car seat.

She had a new-looking higher end britax seat installed FF (maybe a blvd?) with a maybe 6-9 month old baby in it.

She declined my help but told me she was "so embarrassed" and that her husband was going to fix it when he got home from work that evening. Said they just got the car seat and hadn't known at first that it needed to be RF. I warned her about the click-it or ticket going on, and hopefully having it noticed by a random person in a parking lot will make them realize I could just as easily been a cop and ticketed her. She did say she now knew the baby should be RF to age two, so hopefully they'll turn her and leave it that way.

That was really hard. I can look the other way when parents make the choice knowingly but I had to guess there was a chance she just didn't realize.

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Receptive ones in parking lots are hard to find. Glad you found one!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I just accosted a nice family in my BRU lot on my way out of work because I saw a Diono angle adjuster waving up above a car. I was like moth to flame :eek: Fortunately I had a card on me and they texted asking if I could help them install their seat :D
Anyway, normally I never say a thing, I've heard too many horror stories, but I think you did the right thing, and I'm glad she took it well <pat on back to you>.

krfogle88

Good for you to approach the situation. im glad she was receptive. hopefully she rfs that baby again! :)

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I thought it went relatively well, though I would have been even happier if she would have let me help her before she left the parking lot! But I suppose I should just be glad she didn't cuss me out and tell me to mind my own business. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC