Question Britax Hi-Way 2 and Max-Way?

U

Unregistered

Hi there,

I'm having a hard time to decide which car seat to buy for my 8-month-old son.And I prepare to install it on the middle rear seat of my NEW BORA(it is different from Bora manufactured by VW).

I have read the user manual of these two car seats,but I still have some question about them.

1.What angle range could the HW be recling at without any wedge?(the angle of my rear seat is 13 degree )

2.What angle range could the HW be recling at with a wedge?

3.Did the wedge be used during the safe test?If yes,did it include a rear crash?

4.MW is 2cm higher than HW 2? And the cusion is 10cm longer than HW 2?

Thanks!
David

ADS

Adventuredad

- Installation angle for both Hi-Way and Max-Way will depend on each vehicle so it's difficult to say exactly. In general we can say that finding a good installation angle of both seats are almost never an issue. BOth seats are compact with long rear facing time and fit well in car small to large.

- In general we are looking for back of car seat being at around 30 degree angle. That's usually fine for kids to sleep well without head falling forward. Position is still upright enough so children have a good view through windows.

- HW has two small styrofoam "feet" under bottom of car seat. These are there to protect vehicle seat and have no impact on safety. The "feet" will make the seat more upright so in some cars the seat will be too upright.

We include the styrofoam wedge with all Hi-Way seats since it might be needed. Those few retailers who are selling Hw outside Sweden seem to rarely include wedge for some reason.

- MW has a slightly taller seat shell and also has a built in head support with an integrated harness. Except for that the seats are basically the same. Since seat shell is a little taller rear facing time is also a little longer. We usually say MW will last RF to age 5 or 115-120 cm while HW will last to around age 4 or 110 cm.

- Exterior of MW seat shell is redesigned to make manufacturing easier. Basic shape of seat shell remains the same. The two "feet" from HW have been removed. The styrofoam wedge is not included with MW since it's most often not needed. It's available as an accessory.

- Both HW and MW have passed the Swedish Plus Test up to 25 kg rear facing. Only three seats in the world has passed up to 25 kg. The Plus Test is brutal with far higher acceleration and a more abusive crash pulse. It's far more difficult to pass this test than the normal ECE R44 standard. Forces in head and neck are also measured in the Plus Test which makes it tough to pass to 25 kg

- There is little focus on collisions from the rear. A small amount of injures come from collisions from the rear. This is because cars are traveling in the same direction and collisions speeds are low.

U

Unregistered

Thank you very much AdventureDad for your very thorough answer.
However,I still have a couple of doubts:

1 the Width
After read the dimension of the hi-way 2,max-way,multi-tech,the width is 47cm,45cm,49cm.That is say,the max-way is more

narrow than hi-way.Is it ture? As it need to take two adult passages sometimes,so I pay more attention to the point.

2 the Buckle
I found only max way change the tether strap buckle tongue.It looks like that it is not as safe as that form of hi-way.Is it ture?

3 the Angle
The manual said that the larger the child the more upright the seat must be.I don't know why?

Thank you very much!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC