is this safe?

vangelder03

my ds holland rides to preschool on a bus they recently switched the bus he rides on. he rides ff in a cosco scenera and they have installed the top tether over the seatback and pull it under and hooked the tether to the car seat.

ADS

Brianna

A tether should only be connected to an approved tether anchor- which does not include tethering to the car seat.

You'll get better answers on the safest way for your DS to ride on the bus if you request this be moved to the Child Restraints for Special Needs and Other Transportation forum.

vangelder03

A tether should only be connected to an approved tether anchor- which does not include tethering to the car seat.

You'll get better answers on the safest way for your DS to ride on the bus if you request this be moved to the Child Restraints for Special Needs and Other Transportation forum.

who would i ask to move this?

Brianna

You can report your first post by clicking the white triangle outlined in red under your name. Do you know what kind of bus they switched to? Long/short? Lap belt, lap/shoulder belt, or any other specifics?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
vangelder03 said:
he rides ff in a cosco scenera and they have installed the top tether over the seatback and pull it under and hooked the tether to the car seat.

vangelder03 said:
yes it reminded me of those weird fabric seats they sell on ebay.

I'm confused. Is it a Scenera, or is it a fabric-type seat? Does it have a shell or no?

tiggercat

Is it possible that they are tethering to an unused seatbelt that has been routed through the seat bight? The bus company I used to work for did this, kind of a twist on temporary top tethering. Not strictly approved, but that was their solution to the required TT on FF seats (Canada).

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

vangelder03

Is it possible that they are tethering to an unused seatbelt that has been routed through the seat bight? The bus company I used to work for did this, kind of a twist on temporary top tethering. Not strictly approved, but that was their solution to the required TT on FF seats (Canada).

no it was over the seat and then pushed back up and hooked on the back of the seat the same place you would put the tether when used rf.

tiggercat

vangelder03 said:
no it was over the seat and then pushed back up and hooked on the back of the seat the same place you would put the tether when used rf.

Oh no, definitely not ok! That plastic would snap with very little force.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC