Quick help, 2 yo in booster

lovemybabybug

Friend just sent me a msg saying her husband bought her 29 month old a Turbo and she hates it. This is after I had the whole 5 pt conversation with her. The husband is dead set on the Turbo, says it will last longer. I need some graphic links and info, it is breaking my heart. Mind you, he works in the ER so he has seen a number of tragedies. :doh:

ADS

Brianna

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2LFo8vVi04"]The Importance of a 5 Point Harness Car Seat - Belle's Gift - YouTube[/ame]
She also doesn't meet the minimums of the seat- is this against the law in your state?

BabyKaykes

If DH is going with the "lasts longer" argument, then try to get her to talk him into the Nautilus. And I think for this I'd use the KDM video over Belle's Gift.

BabyKaykes

I've never liked the tone of the KDM video, it has always seemed very "put your kid in a harness forever or they will die" to me. Belle's Gift has a much softer approach, which I just don't see working to convince a man.

lovemybabybug

That's the seat she had decided on, the Nautilus, after we talked and I showed her all the choices, but her husband said it cost too much. They had been used an 8 year old, crashed twice, airport checked Roundabout with him, until one day I asked to try the seat in my car and saw the DOM. She was very receptive, took the expired seat out and put the Scenera her in-laws had bought as a spare in and he fits fine in that. He might be getting close to 40 lbs, although I am almost positive they don't know weight limits or don't really follow them. I have no flipping idea why he went out and bought a booster. He does have this idea the kid has to grow up fast and turned him FF the very day of his bday. Knowing the both of them, I know at the end, whatever he says goes, so I would like him to watch some graphic videos

lovemybabybug

The Importance of a 5 Point Harness Car Seat - Belle's Gift - YouTube
She also doesn't meet the minimums of the seat- is this against the law in your state?

Yes, the age limit yes, but he probably went with the weight and heigh limit for the seat which he has already reached. Last time we talked about it he was 37 lbs and I am almost positive he is 38" or taller. He is a pretty big kid. I am seriously losing my cool over this. I hate that my friend is so receptive to it and she wants to do the best for her son, and her husband just says no and that's that.

BabyKaykes

I'm guessing he handles the money?

Even when we don't agree, I don't argue when DH puts his foot down. However, this is where I'd draw the line and buy the Nautilus no matter what he said and deal with the coming argument.

This link may or may not take you to the mobile site, sorry I'm not on my computer. Its got a picture of the results of seat belt syndrome. http://sacredjourneys.m.webs.com/si...ewebs.com/sacredjourneys/apps/photos/&&&#2103 which he HAS to have seen before.

lovemybabybug

She said he paid $69 for the Turbo. I told her BRU has one of the Maestros for that price. She just told me her MIL is taking her there tonight to get it. I hope so.I know it won't last as long as the Nauti, but infinitely better than the Turbo for sure.

lovemybabybug

I'm guessing he handles the money?

Even when we don't agree, I don't argue when DH puts his foot down. However, this is where I'd draw the line and buy the Nautilus no matter what he said and deal with the coming argument.

This link may or may not take you to the mobile site, sorry I'm not on my computer. Its got a picture of the results of seat belt syndrome. http://sacredjourneys.m.webs.com/si...w.freewebs.com/sacredjourneys/apps/photos/&&࠷ which he HAS to have seen before.

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC