Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    cdomsic80

Century Smart Move SE - Help!

I received a Century Smart Move Se (Manufactured '99). I own a 1999 Grand Am. I am having trouble installing it. It seems that even though the seat belt is very tight, It still moves from side to side. How do I stop that? Or... Should I be thinking of getting a different seat? Someone gave it to us. There was no instruction manual for it either.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Trish
    I had a Smart Move with my youngest DD. I was NEVER able to get a good fit with it rear facing. I *was* able to get a good fit forward facing, but it took a LOT of work. You could check the compatibility database (Carseat Data website closed - link broken) to see if anyone has tried that combination of seats.

If you just can't get it to fit, there are several inexpensive options out there, like the Cosco Touriva and the Comfort Sport.