My first Dorel seat

ninejr

Bought my first Dorel seat last night. I have now owned Graco (6 seats), Britax (1 seat), Sunshine Kids (2 seats), and now Safety First. Just think how boring my life would be if I had never found this site. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

ninejr

Right :) the Guide 65 It was on sale at Walmart and we needed a second seat for our other car.

ninejr

A- 4.75 years, 44lbs, forward facing, harness on top slot.
B- 2 years, 33lbs, rear facing, harness on middle position. The seat is for her.

Attachments

• image-2059542318.jpg
    image-2059542318.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 43
  • image-3976838966.jpg
    image-3976838966.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 41

lovemy2kidstw

ninejr said:
A- 4.75 years, 44lbs, forward facing, harness on top slot.
B- 2 years, 33lbs, rear facing, harness on middle position. The seat is for her.

Does Dorel not require 1 inch of shell, not headrest above the head when RF?

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Nope - specifically states headrest for this seat. Not sure of others, but for the Guide the headrest is the reference.:thumbsup: It makes it seem like a much shorter seat than it is if you don't realize that.

lovemy2kidstw

Pixelated said:
Nope - specifically states headrest for this seat. Not sure of others, but for the Guide the headrest is the reference.:thumbsup: It makes it seem like a much shorter seat than it is if you don't realize that.

Thanks, I didn't know that. Learn something new everyday :)

ninejr

lovemy2kidstw said:

For this seat the manual states even with top of headrest (the headrest can go up one more for B). It does give it a lot more growing time, don't know if I will use it rear facing that long or not. B isn't as tall as she looks either, she pulls her hair a lot so it is always very "fluffed up" on top.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC