Canada ISO Training seats - seats which don't meet 2012 standards ok

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I need some more child/booster seats for training. Does anyone have any laying around that aren't being used? I'd pay for the shipping to have them sent to me if they're not of use anymore and you're willing to donate them for the purpose of training.

There's no issue of legality so far as the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act goes surrounding the donation of a seat that's for training purposes.

I don't need any infant seats or booster seats, my main need is really child/booster seats. I'm looking at having to purchase at least one, maybe 2 as it is for my course at the end of the month, but if someone has an old one sitting around that they can't sell now that 2012 is here, I'd be glad to put it to good use.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

ADS

Keeks64

I might have a scenera 35lb ....we lent it to DH's cousin over a year ago & I know they bought EFTA's at Xmas so if I get it back you can have it if it's something your looking to add to your collection :)

bubbaray

Are you coming out for the April course?? I have two original style Radians you could have.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

lovemybabies924

I have a Canadian infant seat with base if u ever need one, I tried to put it on swap ffs for a training seat but it was denied for swap because of the regulations :)

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

snowbird25ca

I might have a scenera 35lb ....we lent it to DH's cousin over a year ago & I know they bought EFTA's at Xmas so if I get it back you can have it if it's something your looking to add to your collection :)

That would actually work really well if you still have it. It's lightweight and a budget seat. Any clue what shipping would be worth on it?

I have a Britax Marathon Platinum that has a mfg date in 2006. Would you want it?

I only want Canadian seats. Thanks for the offer though.

Are you coming out for the April course?? I have two original style Radians you could have.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

I am teaching at the end of April but it's not the Vancouver course, it's one in Southern Alberta. I have a Radian RXT for a training seat that was provided by Diono already and an old short-strapped Radian that I was given permission to keep as a training seat, so I don't need any more radians.

I have a Canadian infant seat with base if u ever need one, I tried to put it on swap ffs for a training seat but it was denied for swap because of the regulations :)

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Can you refresh my memory of what the seat was? I don't really need another infant seat but might be interested depending on what it is.

Keeks64

I'll find out this week where it is - I know it's a 2009 DOM & never crashed or anything it's probably dirty though if they do still have it lol.....I have a friend headed back to Calgary on the 27th I can always ask him to take it back with him :) I'll look into shipping this week too , it would be coming from Vancouver Island

snowbird25ca

I'll find out this week where it is - I know it's a 2009 DOM & never crashed or anything it's probably dirty though if they do still have it lol.....I have a friend headed back to Calgary on the 27th I can always ask him to take it back with him :) I'll look into shipping this week too , it would be coming from Vancouver Island

Class starts on the 24th otherwise I'd totally take you up on that offer since I have to drive right through Calgary anyways. I could still use it as a training seat though even if I got it after this course, so whatever works I'd be able to make use of it in the future anyways. Dirty cover is no big deal, I can throw it in the machine. (I've done that with all my donated demo seats anyways - I don't expect someone to clean up a seat that they're giving away, lol)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC