Primo Viaggio SIP 5-70 Convertible or Diono RXT

hehateme

Hi:

DS1 is 2 yrs 8 months 38.5 inches tall and 32.5 lbs
DS2 is nearly 4 months old and 15 lbs

Our cars are
2008 Acura MDX
2012 Honda Odyssey
2007 Audi A4 Convertible (not used in winter)

Current seats are:
2 Radian XTSL's
2 Chicco Keyfit 30

I have narrowed down my seat choices to Primo Viaggio SIP 5-70 Convertible and Diono RXT

Carseat blog reviews are positive for both but they seem to like Peg more.
I think that Peg is more user friendly.

I do like my current radian's and my son can easily climb into it. We will not have any more kids and 2 of our cars are spacious. I think Peg also have lower profile as compared to a seat like Britax MA 70.

Radian fits fine with an angle aduster in my A4 Audi. Currently it is behind the passenger seat.

Will Peg fit in all three of our cars especially my Audi A4 2 seater convertible?

Which of these two seats will be better for an infant and provide more seat space in the front seat in my A4?

Thanks for your input

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Since I wrote both reviews, lol, I'll chime in. (And thanks for reading the blog, too!)

From an installation standpoint, especially with LATCH, the Peg is much easier to install. Both have equally evil rf seatbelt beltpaths, though in different ways. The Peg is easier to get a more upright install and seems like a more compatible install than the Radian, which can be quirky about which car it fits in best.

The Radian is a taller rf seat, so if your goal is ultimate rf, then the Radian is it. But the Peg is also pretty tall (just not as tall as the Radian). The Peg is pretty low-profile, but not as much as the Radian. If I had a hefty child I had to put in the seat by myself, the Radian would be my choice. But if my child was able to help position himself, the Peg would probably be it.

Am I helping at all? LOL!

hehateme

Heather,

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to answer questions and well as posting detailed reviews of the car seats. I find Carseatblog reviews invaluable to help me narrow my choices down to 2-3 seats that I will try in my car.

This seat will initially be used by my 5-6 month old baby so it will be at a 45 degree angle. Since Radian is taller can I assume that Peg seat will provide more space in the front seat when used by an infant.

Thanks

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I would think so. The Peg's actual shell is shorter, but you can extend the headwings up as ds grows taller.

cypress0919

I have both seats. I love my new peg! my radian only fit in the center seat of my car, which was great when my charge was little. NOW my charges fight and I had to separate them. my choice would say get the peg!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC