Sienna

kam1011

I just want to make sure I have the most up-to-date info available. I did go through lots of old threads, but I want to make sure I have my ducks in a row. I purchased an '11 Sienna LE 8-pass last night. I specifically wanted the tiny 8th seat so that I can store it most of the time but have it for occasional use.

SO...the 8th seat is not ok for carseats, correct? What about boosters? Even little LBB's? I did toss a literider (for all of 22 seconds, no kid) into the spot and it fit. I can't really imagine fitting an adult or a 5-stepping child in that seat! I guess maybe for a quick trip.

My plan for everyday use is to have my 3.5yo in SK 400, captains chair driver's side, 2.5yo in RN pass side (and a nautilus in waiting for her), and the 6yo in a booster in the back (undecided, but no biggie). Are there any complications?

ADS

luckyclov

Congrats on your new Swagger Wagon. I have the same one and I heart it just as much now as I did when I brought it home 13 months ago.:)

So, here's the deal with the 8th seat. I keep mine tucked away in its spot pretty much all the time. But my 9 year old technically 5-steps in it (even though he's nowhere near in any other seating position), so I love having it *just in case* there's ever an emergency situation where his seats need to go to someone else.

It's not specified in the manual, but on the telephone with Toyota, I was told child restraints could be used there, if they installed properly.

That said, it's a pretty narrow little seat and not much will install in there, if anything - harnessed seats or boosters. And because it sits lower than the captains chairs, I feel like there's no adequate way to measure side-to-side movement of an installation because it'd be, at least partially, wedged in. Know what I mean? It's really frustrating because if the 8th seat were on the same level as the capt chairs, several 3 acrosses would be possible.

I suppose you might be able to stuff a backless like a Literider down in there, but I wouldn't recommend doing so if the passenger side capt chair's seatbelt is in use...it's just too crowded for the two buckle stalks, in my opinion.

I have my 7 year old in a FR85 in the passenger side capt chair, my 2 year old RFing in a RXT in the driver side capt chair, and my 9 year old in a PWSG in the center of the 3rd row. I have an Olli passenger side 3rd row and the driver side 3rd row is empty.

kam1011

Thanks! That was really helpful. I'm glad to hear that the parkway sg works well in the back, too. I was thinking of using that for my oldest. I assume no latchable boosters are an option since the LATCH is offset. Oh well, I've never had one (and I guess I never will!) lol :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC