Question Desperate for 3 across help!!!!!!

iMommyDi

I am really really needing to get a 3 across figured out in my 2007 Toyota Corolla!! It will be a temporary deal, maybe 6mo, because plan is to get a van, but finances make it better to wait.

S is 3.5yr, 32lb, 41" and just turned FF. he currently rides in a CA65 or a meastro (spare). Haven't measured torso in a while. My guess is 15-16"

C is 19mo, 22lb, 31" and in a RF CA65 or a Titan (spare). Have never measured his torso, but has maybe 1" of growth room left in the Titan and head is perfectly within the head wings of his CA65 on the bottom click.

I prefer to have an infant seat for baby coming, but am willing to do whatever will fit. But we live in snow country and have to climb flights of stairs to get to our door. I feel an infant carrier will be safer to transport baby during the winter.

I got a VERY tight successful install with RF CA65, RF Titan (but not appropriate NB recline), and FF CA65 (all seatbelts of course) But I didn't feel comfortable with how tight it was.

I did a trial with my RF CA65, a KF30 (with base), and couldn't get either the meastro or a FF CA65 in there.

My next attempt will be a Radian. Or 2. But hoping to get a RF radian (S will hopefully still have RF room in November, has about 1" room), KF30 and one of my CA65. If the Radian fits better FF, I'm okay with S FF. Howver I can get it.

Any other options? I really don't want to have buy 3 seats if I can avoid it!! I want to get a FN85 for S when we get the van. So if I can manage buying only 1 or 2 seats, that would be awesome!!

Thanks in advance for all your help!

(we had the 2 RF CA65 both outboard for 19mo, even with 6'0" DH. Space is not an issue for us. We both have gotten used to smaller spaces for us to keep he boys safe!

ADS

creideamh

Try 2 Radians and a Keyfit. I know someone has gotten them into a Prius, so it should be a lot less irritating in a Corolla :p

iMommyDi

I would think the titan might fit with radian center, too, but I've never tried it.

I more or less just tried the Titan to see what type of room o was dealing with. I really don't want to use it for the baby. I have no insert for it, and it just seems too "big" for a NB with no support. I don't even think rolled blankets would give me the support I want for a NB.

I also would like to keep it as a spare for DH car. He would never be able to take all 3 kids at once in his car, but having the Titan installed and ready for a quick run with either of the younger two, would be ideal.

I'd use the Titan in my 3 across as a last resort =\

lourdes

Go to the search bar on the top of the page, do a search on "KetchupQueen" and you will see other people post that she has reply on, on you see her click on her avatar and you will see her profile

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC