Would you allow your 2yo to ff...

EmmaGrace'sMom

NOT full time...

Our sitter is having a baby and after the baby comes (in May) all 5 rear seats of her Expedition will be full. Currently she has the three oldest in the third row, (5.5yo, 3yo, and 5yo) one captains chair is empty and my youngest DD rf (2yo in June) on the other captains chair. After the baby comes there won't be a way for her to buckle the 3yo in the third row. I've toyed with the idea of letting her turn DD, she drives a couple miles to pickup the two oldest from school each day and sometimes errands around town. But I'm not sure I'm comfortable with it! I could ask her to move DD to the third row, but that would be pretty difficult to load and buckle...especially early on when she won't be completely back to herself. I've even thought of trying to find a Combi Zeus, so DD's seat could be easily switched rf/ff for loading...but they're so expensive!

WWYD?

ADS

NannyMom

NannyMom said:
I would not, but my DD didn't ff at all until 4.

Not sure how to edit from the app. Is she using an infant bucket for the baby? If not, suggest she does. Then she'll have a path to the 3rd row before she puts the bucket in. Suggest she get a bucket that will last at least a year. If she's doesn't, then finding a way to buckle the 3rd is her problem not yours.

EmmaGrace'sMom

Not sure how to edit from the app. Is she using an infant bucket for the baby? If not, suggest she does. Then she'll have a path to the 3rd row before she puts the bucket in. Suggest she get a bucket that will last at least a year. If she's doesn't, then finding a way to buckle the 3rd is her problem not yours.
I hadn't thought about that...but yes she will be using the Chaperone. She could set the bucket in the front seat to keep baby away from traffic, if in a parking lot, or out of rain while she buckled in the back. WHY did I not think about that??

Brigala

CPST Instructor
At age two, I would probably sooner find a different sitter than allow the child to FF. At age three my answer might be different.

Babysitters get into accidents too. We had a whole thread on the part time vs. full time thing before - if it's not safe enough for full time, it's not safe enough for part time either, IMO.

Little Ps Mama

At age two, I would probably sooner find a different sitter than allow the child to FF. At age three my answer might be different.

Babysitters get into accidents too. We had a whole thread on the part time vs. full time thing before - if it's not safe enough for full time, it's not safe enough for part time either, IMO.

:yeahthat:

SignCuer

Brigala said:

Yep... agreed...

I wouldn't FF her,

MommyShannon

NannyMom said:

This worked for us when I've had a van full at times. Also, does the middle row seat slide forward on a track? During the week when nobody is in the front passenger, I slide that seat all the way forward. Then I have more room to get in and do stuff or slide the middle row seat forward to access the back easier if I have a booster or Latched seat on it.

vangelder03

with the babysitter having a new baby and your dd turning 2
i would be looking for a new babysitter that could spend more time with dd
maybe look for someone who doesn't have to pick up anybody from school
or run errands when your daughter is in their care

EmmaGrace'sMom

I would sooner cut off my right arm than get a different sitter! :p Seriously though, I think sitting the bucket in the front seat while loading will work. She's been keeping the girls since I went back to work after DD2, and she's a godsend! I swear she must be super-human, she handles 4 kids like it's a walk in the park. Hands down the best sitter you could ask for and my girls love her like she's a second mom. And she's awesome with car safety, she hasn't even questioned when DD2 can turn FF!

I've seen her handle a newborn and 1yo at the same time (my DD2 and her DD2) I have no doubt DD will be well taken care of! She's the oldest of 7 kids and she was a 1st grade teacher...so she's used to taking care of many kids.

I didn't feel comfortable FF, even part time, at 3 I feel okay with it. I was hoping you ladies could help figure it out, which you did.! DD2 was sitting in DD1's seat while I was cleaning the car out Saturday and she looked so tiny in the Truefit ff which is funny cause she's NOT small :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC