B-ready owners, come in! I have questions! :)

rxmommy

Just got my B-ready from Wayfair (brand new btw!!!) and haven't had any time to do anything with it besides put it all together. It's HUGE!!! :eek:

I have some questions....do you have to remove the parent cupholder to fold it or do I have the cupholder stuck in the wrong place? Has anyone flown with this beast? I really need a double (or at least a big stroller with a decent capacity!!) for flying to Canada in August. The carrying bag is unavailable and now I'm worried about taking it and damage. :(

I have a Keyfit 30 for the new baby (what I had with Sophie and LOVED it) but can't decide how much I want to spend on adapters. I really don't know if I want to ditch the KF and get a Britax infant seat (specifically worried about a Chaperone taking up a lot of front-to-back room in my van - DH is tall) but then I'd only have to buy 1 adapter and could put the carseat either on the top or bottom. If you have used it as a double with an infant seat, where do you prefer to have the baby? Seems like my 2-year-old may not really enjoy sitting on the bottom!!

ADS

Meg

The parent cupholder can stay on when the stroller is folded. It shouldn't be in the way at all. http://www.strollersplusplus.com/images/b-ready_folded.jpg

Also, I'm debating the car seat thing too. I think I'm just going to go with the $40 top adaptor and keep the baby up top and put my two year old down below. All the reviews said most kids fight over who gets to sit down below. I also would prefer to put the baby down below I think, but I'm not spending over $120 for two adaptors in order to accomplish that!

wnkw

Mine folds fine with the cup holder. It is a LOT bigger than I expected. Im debating the carseat thing, too! Buying both adapters ends up almost as much as a carseat!

Meg

It's a lot bigger than I expected too. I wouldn't care for it as a single stroller since it takes up so much more room than my BJCM, but the B-Ready as a double stoller is a great size compared to other doubles.

rxmommy

It's a lot bigger than I expected too. I wouldn't care for it as a single stroller since it takes up so much more room than my BJCM, but the B-Ready as a double stoller is a great size compared to other doubles.

Yeah for a folded double it's not bad. It will still fit in the back of my van of course. I'm not sure I will love it as a single - but when baby is older and Sophie is not riding in a stroller I'll probably just go back to my ol' umbrella anyway!

MommaMia

I actually considered the b-ready just because we had the chaperone infant seat, but I couldn't get over the size. We decided on a. Phil and teds. And my 2 year old loves the bottom seat!! I never thought she would (wanted the b ready so I could put our infant in the lower seat). But the 2 yr old proved me wrong.

krystin_21a

If you look on Amazon at the Britax adaptor strap kit, you will see that someone posted pics of them NOT using a universal car seat adaptor but still being able to use a non Britax car seat at the top position. From what can tell, they laid the top set all the way back and then just the car set in it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-m...EAJ9K/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_3?ie=UTF8&index=3

I have. b Ready with the adaptor but wish i Would have seen those pics first. Would haved saved money!

rxmommy

If you look on Amazon at the Britax adaptor strap kit, you will see that someone posted pics of them NOT using a universal car seat adaptor but still being able to use a non Britax car seat at the top position. From what can tell, they laid the top set all the way back and then just the car set in it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-m...EAJ9K/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_3?ie=UTF8&index=3

I have. b Ready with the adaptor but wish i Would have seen those pics first. Would haved saved money!

Thank you, I've never seen that! Probably wouldn't work for the bottom, but I'll have to try it on the top and if it doesn't work I'm not out a ton of money anyway.

krystin_21a

It won't work for the bottom. I tried it after I saw the pics. Although, i didn't try putting the seat in the bottom and then attaching the top seat afterwards. I tried putting it in after i already had the top seat on. I still don't think it will work though.

ckelly626

Someone asked the flying question on britaxs fb page and a few chimed in saying they gate check it and it does fine. I use mine as a double primarily but if I only have one kid I LOVE it as a single. The amount of stuff you can get in that basket is great and I love the parent facing option. Because the push is so smooth it works and maneuvers so well in tight stores (think kohls). I used it with a chaperone on top, toddler in the bottom but I found I could pop a snugride 22 in the bottom. Recline the bottom seat all the way back and slide it down in there. Or the infant seat on top works just fine. My odd loves the bottom seat. She's about to outgrow the bottom and is so disappointed. Also, I really liked stashing the baby below. She was a winter baby and people left her alone down there.

krystin_21a

I like it as a single too. I keep the second seat on and use the the seat to put my diaper bag or use it to change the baby. Plus, she too was a winter baby and when I knew we would be out a long time, I could put my older son at the top and lay her down at the bottom I stead of taki g her carseat out.

jeminijad

If I had seen those Amazon pics (my fault for not being thorough) I would have ordered one of the green Wayfair B-Readys. Crap.

jmefox

I could fit the maxi cosi mico on the bottom seat with it fully reclined. It just fit I don't know how long a baby would be happy like that and it was very hard to get the baby in and out. (this was a don't wake baby lets just see if this works kinda day with grandma- she has her own set of carseats)

I have the bottom adapters and the chaperone and I love that combo. My 2 yo preferred the top the 4 y/o the bottom so when baby came she just got bumped to walking! This was also easiest on days when the 2 y/o wanted to be in and out like the zoo he could get out and in or i could put him in the top seat much faster.

Rosey

I was reading reviews on amazon and found people saying the newest uppa baby vista's clear snack tray fits the b-ready. I might try it cause the britax snack cups seem so shallow.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC