Combination seat recommendations?

YSM's Mom

Hi!

I am going to need to move my daughter out if her TruFit so that her brother can move in...

Would love to hear Pros/Cons and recomendations!

Thanks!

ADS

YSM's Mom

She's 36 inches tall...weighs 32 lbs....3 years old. Not sure about seated height...there's plenty of room for her to grow on the TruFit...I'm only moving her to a Combination seat so her brother (app. 20lbs, 27 inches @ 6 months!) can move out of the infant carrier...

Thanks!

Mingie

CPST Instructor
If you are looking at combination seats I would look at the Graco Nautilus(on sale right now at BRU for $160 but available in other places also) or the Britax Frontier($300). Both have high harness slots and convert to a high back booster down the road. The nautilus also converts to a low back booster. You could look at the Evenflo Meastro also but the headrest is not adjustable so it doesn't make a long term good choice as a booster but has high harness slots and is very budget friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

canadiangie

It's pretty slim pickings out there when it comes to good ff harness to booster seats. The Nautilus, Frontier XT, and Maestro/Secure Kid are pretty much it. The Nautilus is sort of the top pick when you look at cost and features, but does cause head slump issues for some kids/cars. The Frontier is a big beast, but it's got great features, lasts the longest, less head slump issues. The Maestro is a budget friendly alternative which lasts long in harness mode, but not long in booster mode. The Secure Kid is a fancy Maestro, that lasts longer in booster mode. As time goes by I could see the Nautilus and Secure Kid being direct competitors.

Hope that helps. :)

YSM's Mom

Thx for the feedback - will go to BRU and get my daughter to sit in them...we have a small vehicle (pontiac vibe)...so hearing that the Frontier is huge may knock it off the list!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC