Help me figure out best seating in '07 Sienna

knlrachel

I have a 7 passenger Sienna and by this time next year, I will have an almost 6 year old, a 4 year old, a 3 year old (w/CP, not walking, and muscle issues so OBVIOUSLY still RF), a 2 year old (RF) and a newborn. My current seats are Graco Nautilus (oldest DD - currently still 5pt), Radian 80SL (my current 3 year old is RF in this), and a Britax Roundabout that will expire in the fall of 2013 (I think) where DS (currently 1 and RF) is riding.

I will need to figure out where each person should ride and I don't see a way around having at least 1 RF child in the third row. I am willing to replace the Nautilus since it is so wide and bulky. I am planning to buy a new infant seat for the newborn (recs welcome). I have heard that My Ride and Radian puzzle well, but I am concerned that the person in the Radian would be rather uncomfortable with the other car seat hanging over the Radian (maybe I'm wrong?). Also, I don't know who to place where in the car that would make getting the kiddos in and out the easiest without lots of walking across seats and getting things wet and muddy.

If you could choose ANY car seat and ANY car seat combo, what would you do, where, and how? If you have recs for how to try these out without buying them all, that would be great too :) Pics are also awesome :) I did have someone try out a Nautilus, Radian, and My Ride in the third row as well as two Radians and a Nautilus in the third row with pics already :)

I am okay with DD2 (currently 3) turning FF if need be since she'll be close to 4 or already 4 then.

TIA!!!

ADS

NannyMom

I don't know about infant seats in the 3rd row, but you could have a Nautilus, Forward facing Radian, rear facing Radian. What is your 4 year old currently riding in?

knlrachel

Sorry, I'm confused. You listed 5 kids but only 4 seats ;)

Sorry, we are adopting and it should be final by this time next year. That would be our daughter (3) with CP. We are also expecting a newborn. Then we have our three kids (I listed their ages this time next year) who are currently 5, 3, and 1. Does that help :D

NannyMom

Sorry, we are adopting and it should be final by this time next year. That would be our daughter (3) with CP. We are also expecting a newborn. Then we have our three kids (I listed their ages this time next year) who are currently 5, 3, and 1. Does that help :D

Ok, that makes more sense, lol. I thought you were just adding a newborn :)

so it'll be:
6yr
4yr with CP
3yr
2yr
newborn

Since the 4yr has muscle tone issues, the My Ride is excellent bot rear facing and forward facing for that. Maybe a Vivo or Parkway SG for 6yr, My Ride center for 4yr and rear facing Radian for 3yr driver's side.

knlrachel

Would it work to put the My Ride RF on the driver's side and the Radian FF in the middle of the third row?

Ok, that makes more sense, lol. I thought you were just adding a newborn :)

so it'll be:
6yr
4yr with CP
3yr
2yr
newborn

Since the 4yr has muscle tone issues, the My Ride is excellent bot rear facing and forward facing for that. Maybe a Vivo or Parkway SG for 6yr, My Ride center for 4yr and rear facing Radian for 3yr driver's side.

christineka

so it'll be:
6yr
4yr with CP
3yr
2yr
newborn

There are many options, but here is what I would do (tried and true seat combos)

Middle row: newborn (driver's side with headrest removed) and 4 yo with cp on passenger's side

Third row passenger's side 6 yo in nautilus or whatever booster you like (the stiff buckle stalk makes this spot ideal for buckling a booster. It's also a wide seat, so you can put a wide car seat there without spilling over into the middle seat)

Middle and side the 3 and 2 year olds. I'd put the radian on the passenger's side and something else in the middle. Two radians facing the same direction fit, but they ram into each other at the wide spot. I prefer something that can sit up and over the radian, such as a britax seat, the myride, or the true fit.

With the headrest off the baby's seat you can step up and reach into the third row to buckle the younger ones. I'm 5'2" and can do it. Or you can climb in and buckle. (I forget about that since I have 3 across the second row as well.)

Push the second row, driver's side captain's chair all the way forward and install with latch so the third row kids can get in behind the seat.

Last edited:

NannyMom

Would it work to put the My Ride RF on the driver's side and the Radian FF in the middle of the third row?

I've never put the RF My Ride next to a FF Radian. Hopefully someone else will know how tose 2 play together. But if they play nice together than it will fit

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC