look what delivered to me today!

skylinphoto

Updated with pics on post 31!

IMG_20120320_120802.jpg

My dd got a kiddy world plus! Hehe.
ill be taking better pics today with my good camera. Anyone want any specific pics?

ETA: obviously my title is missing a word or two. Lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:
ADS

Lemonade

OK...I'm intrigued and confused.

Because at first glance it seems like shield boosters that were not safe. I get that the shield goes way higher, fits tighter, etc.

SO, are their no shoulder straps??? I watched the company video and it says to only use the shoulder belt guides when you stop using the shield and start using it as a BPB, I think??? Could be a great seat for my 37# 6 yr old so he could be in a booster but be more protected than a normal booster. Is the idea that the head and shoulders go forward together, reducing neck load?

jeminijad

Is the idea that the head and shoulders go forward together, reducing neck load?

That is how I've read it.

I'm interested. My 3 y.o. is newly full time FFing (part time since 2 y.o.) and I'm wondering how long the 6 lbs she has till 40lbs would last.

luckyclov

Do you have access to a PWSG/L? If so, I'd love to see pictures of the KWP, highest setting in booster mode, next to the PWSG/L, also highest setting.

I'm supposed to be getting a demo from Kiddy, but they haven't notified me yet of their demo shipment. I'm likely getting one (not a demo, obviously) for DD, but just to use as a HBB.

skylinphoto

I don't have access to a pkwy..but it is TALL as a booster. I am 4'11 and if my torso was .5" shorter, it would fit me! Lol. Ill take measurements tonight.

Here's a better pic for now:

facebook_-1765661735jpg.jpg

When dh gets home with the car in a few hours I will take more pics.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
It should have arm holders to keep their arms restrained; then they wouldn't fight in the backseat! :whistle:

skylinphoto

HaileysMommy said:
Since the shield has to be at armpit level how much growing room does she have?

Loads. She's still needs the padding in to raise her up. The second pic I posted is with the padding folded (for kids 26lbs and under). She's right at 26ish lbs (27 wearing heavy clothes and such) and 38 in tall btw.

momtoo3

Does it seem like her arms are comfortable? Would she be able to look at a book with the shield without it being in her face? What is the fabric like (durable or will it snag easily?)

ETA: Also is the headrest all the way down or could it go lower? DS3 is 3.5 yrs, 28-29 pounds and 37 inches.

Spam

so cute! excited to see car pics :) I wish they would've raised the weight limit on the shield so then I'd have a reason to get one.

skylinphoto

momtoo3 said:
Does it seem like her arms are comfortable? Would she be able to look at a book with the shield without it being in her face? What is the fabric like (durable or will it snag easily?)

Lol. My dh's first question was "can she comfortably play her nintendo dsi?". I don't think it'll be a problem. When I install it and all that tonight ill hand her a book or her nintendo and see how she does.

The fabric seems very durable.

Eta: the headrest goes down one notch lower than how it is in my pics.

lovemy2kidstw

Spam said:
so cute! excited to see car pics :) I wish they would've raised the weight limit on the shield so then I'd have a reason to get one.

Me 2!! DD just turned 3 & is very close to 40lbs so it would be a waste.

Lemonade

I bet the 40# limit has something to do with the shield being restrained through the latch system. I wonder if they could raise the shield limit just for seatbelt use.

For a 40# shield limit and that price tag, there's no way I'd be able to justify that at this point.

luckyclov

When you measure it, can you measure it from seat bottom (at the back) to the belt guide (in the highest position)? That's what I'm looking for.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC