Peg Perego Convertible vs. Maxi Cosi Pria?

ADS

archiK8

Ha, I'm debating the same two for my 14mo, for my 08 ford escape. Luckily, I have a BBB right down the street! :) You can compare specs and features, so I'll just give you my take on the two. They're also sitting side by side in my BBB, so that makes it easier...

Fabric--both soft and comfy, Pria's is softer, but Peg seems more breathable and durable. Although the Pria's walnut fabric matched my tan leather interior beautifully!

Height -- Pria shell is a few inches taller, as is the height limit.

Width -- they look about the same at the top but since the Peg is contoured and pulls in at the center, and the Pria is about the same width for the full height, the Pria appears wider (but also has a cupholder).

Interior fit-- Pria was a lot roomier width-wise at the seat, but they both had about the same amount of legroom RFing for him (which was a lot).
Both were easy to get him in/out of when it was in my car.

SIP height adjustment--both easily done, but Peg requires two hands (although feels sturdier), Pria is one-handed and moves easier.

Crotch buckle--One of my concerns with the Peg. There're only two positions, and the buckle pad is sewn to the seat, so if you use that for both, it doesn't allow for a very big range. Pria has three buckle slots.

Latch -- the Peg is nicer--works exactly like a Britax. Two separate latches with individual adjusters. Pria only has one adjuster. BUT...and this is another big concern for me...I was told in another thread that the FF lock offs on the Peg do not work properly! They didn't know anything about this in-store, but they are plastic and do seem pretty flimsy.

I myself was going with the Pria (even though I have the Peg infant seat and LOVE it!). For the price difference, and my two issues with the Peg (and it's lack of actual consumer reviews) I'm thinking I'll give the Pria a try first.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC