Tell me about a 2007 Ford Escape Limited Edition

BudgieStew

Tell me about a 2007 Ford Escape

I really really had my heart set on the Freestyle for the third row passenger seating(and its not so SUV like) but alas there are no more left in stock at this dealership. So an Escape it is.

DH is doing the dealing via pay phone :rolleyes:he is way way way up North and and has no cell phone reception.
Plus its imperative that we get this taken care of ASAP since we are leaving on a driving holiday on Sunday.
Yes we love to live on the edge.
So chances are I will never get to see it until it drives into our driveway which kinda sucks since it will be my car.

I was going to be happy with a 2003 Freestar since I think we owned a 2004 Freestar briefly in 2005 Before trading it in for a 2005 Focus due to the act that it ate gas like it was going out of style.

But then the Freestyle model got tossed around and I looked into it and fell in love so am a bit disapointed that we are getting an Escape. But at this point I should just be grateful that I am getting a car at all.

Anyone own one or know about one and care to tell me about it?

At this point I know its a Limited Edition, Black and has leather seat with a roof rack..yeah not much to go on there.

We will be putting a RF Marathon and FF Radian in it both outboard.
If I installed two Radians side by side would there be enough room for a third passenger(a small adult which would be me).I can do it in my parents 91 Jetta

Last edited:
ADS

mom2riley

My Escape is a 2001 and I LOVE it. It is the first car I have had that I want to keep for longer then a year. I am sure with 2 Radians you could fit a passenger. I fit a passenger all the time with a RF and FF seat (right now it is a Belero and a Comfort Sport). I can also fit 3 seats across in it and am able to get them each secure individually. I am sure you will love it once you get it, it sounds very nice.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I liked my 2005 Escape Hybrid a lot :) Especially in comparison to my Blazer before it & the Freestar I have now.... Never had any problems installing carseats in it :thumbsup: Here's a 3 across pic: Wizard RF / Boulevard FF / Parkway
ThreeAcross-FordEscape.jpg

cpsaddict

I have a 2001 and I LOVE it. They did not change too much between the 01-07 model years, so it's probably similar. Mine is the base model, but I have never had a better driving car. Car seats are a breeze, even three across. Mine has LATCH outboard and three anchors on the ceiling. The only thing that could be improved is the trunk space. It's a bit tight, but other than that I love it. It's been relatively problem free.
I had to get the shifter cables replaced twice, but that's it in 112,000 miles!

BudgieStew

Thanks everyone but my DH just called its now changed to a 2007 Freestar SEL:rolleyes:I'm happier with a van then a SUV so this is better.
I swear every time we trade in a car its so complicated and the payment makes me want to:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

He said yes but we still have time to change our minds...I don't know.

Tiffanie

Ooooo, take the Freestar lol I have a Windstar and I drool over the Freestar everytime I visit my DH at work lol Something about power sliding doors at the push of a button while carrying a toddler and bags just makes me giddy lol

BudgieStew

DH and I decided not to take anything at all right now.:( The payments were going to be astronomical...and it made both of us too nervous.
I'm really sad because I need a second car since we live in the country and DH is often away at work for weeks at a time and I have no transportation.
Plus he the 15 hour road trip on Sunday would possibly be more enjoying in a van with tinted windows and more space then our Focus.
Oh well we are really kicking ourselves for trading in our 2004, it suited us fine and the payments were less then the Focus.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Meh, if it weren't for my short-lived (but eventually to be re-opened) daycare needs, I'd prefer the Escape to the Freestar.... Everyone is different, though ;)

BudgieStew

We're home with it...its really nice.

I looked at outside of the the Escape, would have liked to look at the inside but even with being two hours at the dealership didn't have a chance. It looks totally hip and cool:cool:but with two young children think the mini van is more practical.For the over 7 set the Escape would be fine.

The kid's were going nuts and outside it was a million degrees outside.
So I was going back and forth between the showroom with them running around like madmen or to our car where they were bouncing off the ceiling dripping with sweat. As usual anyone with in earshot decided to not have any children.
Switching the seats/stuff etc I almost died it was so hot.

I like the ease of entry with the Freestar and having at least one being able to get themselves in the van is a blessing. DD even crawled into her own seat lol Plus me being able to get in behond them during long trips to entertain will be great.
And I love how all the side doors and back door is automatic with the remote....awesome. I see there is a DVD player as well. Now to figure out how it works.

Only thing is, it didn't come with a manual WTF

Will post picture later but it matches DS Blue Radian:)

BudgieStew

Egads on the DVD player.
I slipped a dvd in tonight to see how it worked, but didn't have a chance to see if it played or not because DH came back to the car and we had to leave. So I went to eject there is no button for ejection. I think that a remote was supposed to come with it. I hope we figure it out soon because we returned our DVD player(was not working well) last week and I don't feel like buying another one when there is one in the van.

DH is calling the dealer tomorrow about that and the manual because that would be really nice to have the manual.I think our van has options that we are not even aware of.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Hmmm, I have the DVD player in my Freestar, too -- I haven't figured out all the buttons, but I know how to play/stop/eject.... There's no remote, but I just feel for the buttons blindly from the front seat during long trips: as the passenger while Daddy drives :cool: I only have a cell phone camera which will not take a clear picture from *inside* the car (my carseat pix are from me standing outside) but if you could maybe share a photo of your DVD player I might be able to help :)

& definitely ask the dealership for the manual :eek::thumbsdown:

BudgieStew

Will try and play with the DVD later....we have so so so much going on right now.
DH just got back from 2 back to back work weeks away from home. Bought the van yesterday. Rushing to get a the Busch race today and am leaving tomorrow for a 16 hour drive where the kid's and I will be visiting for a month. Busy busy busy.

The dealership is closed today except for the credit office so we will swing by another Ford dealership and see what they can loan us at least until DH is able to get to ours.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC