Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Diono Customer Service

They really leave a lot to be desired I have been talking back and forth with them about my Montery and they have so not been helpful. The rep is so sure that I am doing something wrong, even though I insisted that I tried everything, and then she transferred me to their tech, who just basically said that its a good seat so even though it is a hassle it is worth it. So know I have a seat that isn't going to work for me, and no solution whatsoever, and I can't return it.
    Dani, Mom to Madeline, Coen and Julien

Forever missing our sweet angel Aislyn Faye 4/5/13-4/11/13

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    Unfortunately, some seats are incompatible with some vehicles. I'm sorry you're having trouble.

What's the problem? Belt guide issues?

If you can't return it and it doesn't work with your car, the only option is to get rid of it. If you sell it, you can put that toward the cost of something that works better.

Re: Diono Customer Service

It's unfortunate that the new belt guide on the Montereys are having more incompatibility issues. I would post on their social media pages to let them know what your problem was. Hopefully they'll consider another re-design once they realize there are multiple complaints on the same issue.

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

The belt doesn't pull through the guide easily, and doesn't retract at all, you have to forcefully pull it back through the guide, and then the belt is tight, and doesn't move at all, not because it is locked or anything, but because it is all caught up in the guide. The tech said that the belt not retracting is not a safety issue, just an inconvenience, and that I should be buckling her in and pulling it tight myself any way, ok fine if it is not a safety issue I will deal with it, but it just seems to me like if the belt is not free to move, it can not preform right in a crash, am I wrong? If it is a safety issue I will sell it.

It becomes a safety issue if your child leans forward, introduces slack in the belt, and it doesn't retract itself.

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
    It becomes a safety issue if your child leans forward, introduces slack in the belt, and it doesn't retract itself.
    Well, that wont be a problem, since the belt is unable to move at all..

Senior Community Member mcomommy's Avatar

That is a bummer, they were great about getting new sticker for my Radian.
    E wife to J and homeschooling mommy to
    M 11 years in a seatbelt
    C 9 years in a Graco Affix BB
    O 7 years in a Graco Affix HBB
    H 3 years in a Chicco Nextfit

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
    It's unfortunate that the new belt guide on the Montereys are having more incompatibility issues. I would post on their social media pages to let them know what your problem was. Hopefully they'll consider another re-design once they realize there are multiple complaints on the same issue.
    I tried this, and they deleted my post from their page, and told me to call customer service.
    DS 4/06 Recaro Performance Booster; DS 1/08 FR90; DD 10/09 RF XTSL; 10/11 RF XTSL

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soccer_widow

I tried this, and they deleted my post from their page, and told me to call customer service.
    Are you sure it was deleted and not categorized under posts by all vs posts by Diono?

CPS Technician

I posted it a second time after I called customer service and was told it "wasn't a problem." They left the second post up.
    DS 4/06 Recaro Performance Booster; DS 1/08 FR90; DD 10/09 RF XTSL; 10/11 RF XTSL