Debating on semi full time no back use, is he too young still?

Angela

A bit of background.... We have a Compass B505 in DH 2011 Nissan Juke, but I've never been a fan of the belt fit on DS. DH just got a 'beater' truck to use for dump runs and the like. He wanted to have a no back booster in there for DS to use on the VERY rare occasion that it would be necessary, so I picked up a no back Amp for in there. I'm not concerned about that at all because it will be used SO rarely. I tried him out in it in the Juke though too thinking that if the belt fit was good we might get him a high back amp for that car to replace the Compass. So... it ended up the no back was an AWESOME fit in the Juke! The shoulder belt and lap belt both fit great.

Here's my concern though... do you think he's still too young for it? He'll be 7 in July, weighs 70 lbs and is 48" tall. Thoughts?

ADS

momtoo3

Ds2 is 6.5, 52 lbs and 48 in. He will be going backless in my van for spring break and the summer. I tried him today in ds1's backless big kid and the fit was great. While I feel a little better about a hbb for him I am okay with having him in the nbb for the summer while he is out of school and I have all of the kids I watch and the belt fit is great. I have been worried about it for a while but after seeing how well he fit I feel better. My main reason for a hbb was because he still falls asleep but we only take short trips or take him to camp when I have all the kids so there will be no sleeping. If your ds will stay in position or not fall asleep I would feel okay with it.

Angela

Awesome, exactly what I wanted to hear. It would only be used for shorter rides (no longer than a couple hours) and doesn't fall asleep easily in the car. If we take it for longer drives we put him in the booster mode in the Frontier (his primary seat in my car). So we have the sleeping issue covered. I think we may try him out in it for a few weeks and see how he does. Then I think we're going to put the Compass in the truck, after we see if he fits correctly in it, in there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC