HBB rec for use in various cars

Leche Mami

We are looking for a HBB for our DS1 who just turned 6. He is 48", 47#, and is currently right at the top slots of our TFP. This booster will mostly be for our car-pool arrangement to/from school which is 25 minutes on busy high-ways. Right now, that is in the 3rd row of a Toyota Sienna. Over the years, this seat could potentially be used in a variety of cars and passed down eventually to little brother who is of the shorter stouter variety. It will not be moved around though as he has a dedicated seating position in the car-poolers van.

LATCH and some sort of anti-submarining feature are interesting. Our car-pooler rides in a Britax Parkway in our car but DH doesn't feel like it is very sturdy and didn't like the feel of the Graco Turbobooster either.

I'm sure I'm over-thinking this. I was about to click buy on a Diono Monterey but then saw that it seems to be a bit finicky.

Suggestions? Thanks!

ADS

Leche Mami

Is there a thread somewhere with a booster selection chart or that lists the pros and cons of each seat for different body builds, car configurations, etc?

In reading through tons of threads, I came up with the following list of seats to look at and would love a more fleshed out synopsis/table including weight/height ranges, whether they separate, etc. than what I quickly threw together below. Ideally would have price ranges included. If there is such a thread or resource somewhere, I'd :love: a link!

- Recaro Vivo - doesn't need vehicle headrests, surounds child well, good for narrow kids (not sure about not so narrow kids???), no LATCH

- Recaro ProBooster - nice SIP, no LATCH, big headwings (kids lean forward to look around and move out of position?), tippy?

- SunshineKids/Diono Monterey - LATCH, anti-submarine feature, older/new versions fit different body builds differently, issues with shoulder belt guide in certain types of cars

- Britax Parkway - option for latch - doesn't fit narrow kids well, anti-submarine feature

- Cybex X-Fix - LATCH, reclining headrest, fits narrow kids well (not sure about not so narrow kids???)

- Graco Turbo Booster

- Evenflo Amp Highback

- Clek Oobr (out of our budget)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC