FR 85.... Wayfair $165

ADS

MommaK

Are these used? It says it may have signs of wear...is it really safe to buy a used car seat online? I have no experience with Wayfair...

agave

I have bought 2 clearance seats from them. If the boxes had been opened I couldn't tell, they certainly had never been out of the plastic.

Syllieann

There are 9 in the same color. It sounds like a store cancelled an order rather than an individual person took it out and tried it before returning.

Syllieann

DH is going to kill me. I have lots of excuses, I mean reasons we need it though!

lol, dh and i already agreed we'd buy fr85 when ds turns 4 (9 months) but dh had his heart set on moo so i'm worried he'll be disappointed by canyon...nothing a trip over to the swap can't fix though

msg221

Are these used? It says it may have signs of wear...is it really safe to buy a used car seat online? I have no experience with Wayfair...

I have bought several clearance seats from Wayfair, including the FR85 I currently have and there were no signs of wear at all. The boxes were perfect, the seats were in the plastic with all of the tags. Even though $165 is a great deal, after only paying $115 for the one I have, it seems like it is too much! It would have been tempting, but then I saw that they only have it in Canyon, so that curbed the urge!

Kegracin

I have bought several clearance seats from Wayfair, including the FR85 I currently have and there were no signs of wear at all. The boxes were perfect, the seats were in the plastic with all of the tags. Even though $165 is a great deal, after only paying $115 for the one I have, it seems like it is too much! It would have been tempting, but then I saw that they only have it in Canyon, so that curbed the urge!

:yeahthat: I was thinking the same thing when I saw the cover and price. I love my $115 frontiers.

MommyShannon

DH just commented that he likes DS's seat which is one of the great deal ones. I've been pining for one for DD or considering giving her DS's. I need to move DS to the 3rd row with her when the baby comes so she will be in a spot with out LATCH for her booster. Reharnessing will be easier on us all. I also just realized DH's car doesn't have adjustable headrests in back so she won't be able to ever move to a backless in it or his truck so the tall height as a booster is great. Now let's hope it fits everywhere I need it to since I haven't tested it.

msg221

How are the DOMs on Wayfir's seats? I'm going to be needing a good deal on those of these in the Summer and this is a great deal!

I think they were only a few months old when I got mine, but for $115 for a FR85, I wouldn't have cared if they were a year old!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I have two in my cart. I intend to buy one. I have $25 in Wayfair Rewards to apply so that makes it a good deal for resale at my local consignment shop. But I'll release the other one momentarily. Who wants it?

tm4d

I have one in my cart and totally can't decide...we have too many seats as-is and dh is probably gonna kill me but that's a really good deal :D :p Thinking about swapping out the older Evenflo Triumph dd has in my mom's car since she'd have more growing room. :rolleyes: My mom has a Saturn LS series...anyone know if this fits decently in that vehicle?

ETA: ohhhh this is bad LOL...just bought it...this will be the 3rd car seat the UPS guy has delivered to my house in the last 2 wks. :eek: In my defense one of those has already gone back but he's gonna think we suddenly adopted a bunch of kids!

glockchick

I had one in my cart for a backup seat. My mom tried using the GN today and she just can't do it. And it disappeared in the middle of me checking out. I'd only had it there 5 minutes if that. :(

Guess I'll be moving the one I have when she needs a seat. :p

ETA: Got one! Yay! Mommie will be happy. She was rather frustrated with his GN the past couple of days while she watched CJ so I could study. It may even have involved some choice words. :eek: :ROTFLMAO:

Something along the lines of "i hate this seat. Can we get one like his other seat?" :p Guess I shouldn't have spoiled her with Britax seats for the past 10 years. ;) I love my Mommie. :love:

Last edited:

Brigala

CPST Instructor
ETA: ohhhh this is bad LOL...just bought it...this will be the 3rd car seat the UPS guy has delivered to my house in the last 2 wks. :eek: In my defense one of those has already gone back but he's gonna think we suddenly adopted a bunch of kids!

LOL! Last time Wayfair had a good sale the FedEx guy asked if I had a set of quads!

Syllieann

I might keep the canyon cover. DS is already convinced he loves brown. I'm a little ugh about all the mesh on the back but it should be fine since the part where the shoes go is suedey right?

tm4d

There were like 6 left when I went to bed last night (why am I obsessively checking the link? :eek:) it's like they keep appearing...maybe more will pop up today? I'm pretty new to Wayfair - no clue how they usually do things.

LOL! Last time Wayfair had a good sale the FedEx guy asked if I had a set of quads!

:ROTFLMAO:

We moved to a SMALL town about 6 mos. ago....the kind where everybody knows everbody's business, ya know... :p It's bad enough that I try to whisk them all in the door so no one wonders WHY I have this many seats for one kid. They probably think I'm hiding a bunch of kiddos somewhere or something :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC