Factory seat covers?

ADS

luckyclov

Yes, still aftermarket.

Typically, you want to stay away from any seat cover on the drivers seat and front passeneger seat because they'll likely compromise airbags/sensors functioning properly (assuming the vehicle is equipped with such).

In the rear seats, that's not so much the issue. And in a vehicle with no child seats, it might be OK, depending on the vehicle and the seat cover. The issue with some - and the ones you linked to look a little "thick" - is that they'd compromise a proper install, much like one of seat protectors we generally discourage would. I wouldn't think a very thin seat cover would pose much of an issue, considering many child seats allow the use of a thin towel under their seats. KWIM?

But, yes, technically still an aftermarket/non-regulated item. Even though it's specifically made for the vehicle and may claim to be "crash tested".

PunkyMonkey

Thank you for the reply! I was figuring that and when it said "wet suit like material" that it would be a no-go but thought since it was factory to the car I'd ask anyway!

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse autocorrects!

Adorkable

i will say that unless you have first hand use of neoprene to go off of, they are likely not nearly as comfy as you might think.

i am a lifelong scuba diver and have had a lot of neoprene in my life and would never put on on my seats.

the absorb water like crazy, they are made to, hence the term wet suit as a posed to dry suit. and are hard to clean since the moisture will evaporate but leave behind whatever the liquid was made of. mildew and rancid seats would be easy if juice spilled on them and was not wiped up within seconds. and they usually fade badly in the sun if thy are any color but black and the black heats up like something awful.

that and you would be hard pressed to find a seat cover that was more sweaty to sit on than neoprene.

frankly i dont know why the even make seats out of the stuff, i really dont, it is a running joke to the watersports world

PunkyMonkey

Good to know about material, I was thinking it would be smoothe and cool, sounds like my imagination is waaaay off, thanks for that. Also, PP thanks for that blog post... I just read the entire article and all the comments lol! Before I came on here I was give a prince lionheart 2 seat protector at a shower and didn't know any better and installed it with my DDs very first seat and thought holy crap this thing is bulky and crappy and can't get a tight install to save my life! And I just assumed they were all that bad and didn't use anything -- it actually ended up being a truck mat for under my stroller because we would end up with duck poo on the wheels every once in a while from the park! It served great as a stroller trunk poo mat! Hahaha I should write a review for it! :p

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse autocorrects!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC