Question convertible (car, not seat)

G

granddad

I will soon be purchasing a convertible automobile, and I would like to have one that can take two car seats in the rear without having to move the drivers seat all the way up. One child is still facing to the rear and the other is in a forward facing seat. I have not decided new or used car yet.

Is there anything that would work? I have heard anecdotal evidence that some convertibles do not easily accept car seats. (In case it is not clear, I am trying to find out which convertible cars will take two car seats in the rear.)

Thanks.

Last edited:
ADS

lovemy2kidstw

What kind of convertible? When I was in high school I had an 03. Mitsubishi eclipse spyder. I was in a family science class where I had to take the computerized baby home & I fit an infant car seat in the back. ( not sure how properly it was in there). I'm not very tall though so my seat was pretty far forward. Your best bet would be to try out different seats before you buy. You could possibly test drive the convertible to BRU & then try out car seats in it?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC