Info on 02 Dodge Caravan, please

Beckers

I have the chance to buy one from a coworker who I know very well. She is an older lady, who never wanted a minivan, but her husband bought it for her anyway. She really never drives it (only 8000 miles!!:eek:) and wants to sell it now because her DH passed away this year.

I am going to look at it right now, but I want to know your opinions! Thanks!

ADS

wilk3

I had asked about this on another post. I was told to limit objects that could make the seats unbuckle in the event of a car accident. No problem there! Basically you could try to replace them but would most likely get the same exact belts.

We have a 2001 and absolutely love our caravan. 8,000 miles is awfully low miles! Good luck on your decision!

Beckers

Thanks for the replies! I looked into the seatbelts...the front seats don't have them, and there are two LATCH spots for the kids, so I think we will be OK. :)

wilk3,
Do you know about how the seats can be rearranged? The manual made it sound like you could switch the two back bench seats....if that is true, I might try to find another bench with LATCH to replace the one without.. What do you think?

The milage is really low! If I hadn't known this lady for 9 years, I would be really suspicious (SP?)
I think that's why she hasn't sold it yet..people think she's up to something! :rolleyes:
Thanks for the opinions! :)

becca011906

Senior Community Member
that is how we are dealing with our Gen 3 belts in the back seat... i have the two harness seats with LATCH for 8 more #'s anyways and austin uses the booster so he has to use the seat belts, we limit projectiles and with his buckle being under the FPSVD lip on the seat it seems the best we can do till we can replace that car...

wilk3

If I had smaller kids in the back needing to use carseats then yes, I would probably look and see what I could do with the bench. From what I understand Dodge made the switch between 2001 and 2002 with the back seat. My bench is a full bench, not a 60/40 split. (which I would prefer) See if you can find a good dealer where you are and discuss it with them. I have two older kids back there that have to use seat belts. I am really not concerned about it for us. Maybe I should be, but I am not.

When in doubt though always talk to a GOOD dealer. They might know of more options that you have. We looked at a different bench for back there. Our kids prefer the one we have though.
Good luck with your decision!
Renee

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC