Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Bahama Car Seat Laws

Does anybody know where I can find the laws for carseats in the Bahamas. A friend of mine is headed there, they have a 5 mile drive from the airport to their hotel, they need to know what to take.

Thanks,

Dorian

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Bahama Car Seat Laws

I'm not sure about any laws, but we've spent quite a bit of time there. I've never seen a carseat in the Bahamas, except for the one we brought with us... It's a very laidback country. If she just takes her normal seats, then that will be fine. If they're going to be in a taxi, then there's a chance some taxis won't have seatbelts. But she can always wait for one that does.

ETA: After posting the above message, I looked it up. Here's a link to a law:

Where any passenger mentioned under this section is under the age of five years, such passenger shall be secured in a child passenger seat positioned in the rear passenger seat of the motor vehicle.
    But we were just there last year for several months: children were hanging out of car windows, etc. Even if the above was actually made into a law (which wasn't clear...?), it's not being enforced. Regardless, the laws of physics still apply. Just do what she does here and she'll be fine.

DS|2002|FF in Britax Frontier 85 and Graco TurboBooster
    DD|2007|FF in two Britax Frontier 85's