OT? ADULT 5pt test??

Carter's Mommy

Umm...do I need a booster seat!? Recently switched from a Honda CR-V to an Odyssey and I feel like I'm engulfed by the seat. I've adjusted it every which way, but it just doesn't seem to fit me right. I can see over the steering wheel, but if my butt is all the way back the seat hits at me knees. Also, the seat belt goes slightly across my breast instead of in the middle of my chest (I've adjusted that too). Is it okay/safe to use a seat cushion? If so, any recommendations?

Sorry if this is off topic, but I wasn't sure where else to post it. I'm approx. 5'2" and 115 lbs. so I could technically get a booster seat, but, well, that's just weird!

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I assume you went through puberty, ;) which means you now have adult hips that are stronger that kid's hips. I know there is an adjuster to help with the shoulder belt. Maybe someone will know what I am talking about, and like it.

Carter's Mommy

Lol. I went through puberty and had a couple kids too. I adjusted the shoulder portion of the seat belt. I'm not abnormally small and have never had trouble fitting properly in any other cars before. This seat just seems really large to me.

luckyclov

I'm your size and the Ody's seatbelts swallow me alive, too.:eek:

But since you've completed puberty, as Judi said, you've got some stronger and older skeletal stuff going on, which is of significance importance.

You can see over the steering wheel, so I would just adjust the shoulder belt to the best position and fit the lap belt as well as you can (does your seat move up/down?). As far as your knees not bending entirely over the seat edge...ehhh, it is what it is. Just make sure you have adequate control of the gas/brake pedal and keep yourself as far back as safely possible from the steering wheel.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC