Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Cute carseat story

I am currently babysitting two kids, a 6 1/2 year old and a almost 4 year old. The 6 year old is in a backless turbo in his mom's car and the 3 year old is in a high back turbo. The younger has been in the seat for at least 6 months that i know of.

I bought a high back turbo on sale a while ago and am using that for the older boy, and I put the 3 year old into Avi's DC. He fits fine but had a fit on Monday (the first day) because it was a "baby seat". I had no problem with the older boy because he is used to a booster. Yesterday I took the boys out and when we were getting into the car the younger boy said that he "likes my seats". I asked him what he meant and he said that he likes the seats in my car.

I am so happy that this carseat situation has worked out, I was getting really frustrated with the 3 year old whining every time we would get into the car. It is also helpful that the 6 year old can unbuckle his brother when we get to our destination, saves me a step, lol.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Cute carseat story

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie2Avi View Post
    the younger boy said that he "likes my seats". I asked him what he meant and he said that he likes the seats in my car.
    Proof that the DC is way more comfortable for smaller kids than a HBB!

(...and proof that gently ignoring any comments about sitting "in a baby seat" pays off!)
    DS1 - 7.5 yrs, 56 lbs, 50" - Compass B510 Booster or Graco Turbobooster
    DS2 - 5 yrs, 45 lbs, 41" - Britax Husky, Graco Nautilus, Compass B510 Booster
    DD - 17 yrs, newly licensed

Senior Community Member canadianmom2three's Avatar

Re: Cute carseat story

Not to hijack the thread, but on the topic of 'baby seats" DS was getting into his Radian yesterday at MIL's and her neighbour's son came over to say bye to my DS (they are the same age, but from what I see, he rides in a backless booster if anything) anyway he saw DS climbing into the Radian, and said "that's a baby seat" DS pipes back, "No it's not, it's a SAFE SEAT!" I thought that was a perfect comeback...