Pack n play ponderings!

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I'm shopping for one as well. I've had three kids and have never had one, so this is new territory ;) I really like the Graco ones with the changing part and bassinet.

kaleigh71

We just got a new Pack-n-Play after having used our older one to contain a puppy. ;) I ended up choosing the one with the reversible newborn napper/changer because it seemed like a happy medium between too much stuff (and $$$) and the basic model. I wanted to make sure it had a changer, and the fact that it flips over to be a newborn napper is a bonus. I set it up tonight and really like it!

ETA: This is the one we chose

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12319179&searchURL=false

Last edited:

duckmama

I work at a lot of consignment sales and I always end up with the big items. Take it from the person who has to fold the pack and plays and other brands up, Graco is one of the few that are easy to fold even after 5 years. The others get stiff and are really hard to set up or take down. I hate the evenflo ones, kolcraft is not much better, we had a kolcraft which broke after very rare use by 1 child and it cost over $150.
Ask at the store if you can test fold them, they all work about the same but some are much easier.

Graco is usually the best. They have them off and on at costco with the basinett for less than $60, nbd has them a lot too.

Check the weight limit on the basinette no matter which you buy, they often come with these really neat basinettes that are super cute but the weight limit on some is 10-12 lbs and people expect to be able to use them much longer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC