Evenflo EuroTrek (Secure Ride 35) Public Notice

ADS

tam_shops

Impressed they got it so fast, I've yet to even see the seat!

Oooh, if only I'd grabbed a Wayfair $99 Frontier, it'd be so worth it to now get a Securekid [Oops, wrong seat, this wasn't the one recalled] for the sticker! LOL :p

tam

Last edited:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Impressed they got it so fast, I've yet to even see the seat!

Oooh, if only I'd grabbed a Wayfair $99 Frontier, it'd be so worth it to now get a Securekid for the sticker! LOL :p

tam

Ummm - you know the Frontier isn't a CMVSS 213.1 certified seat, right? :eek:

They got it so fast because I reported it the first week it was in store. ;) It just took this long for the recall paperwork to go through even though they got the sticker issue fixed before the Embrace 35 hit the shelf.

tam_shops

Um, nope, and I'm betting neither would the people that ever might have checked my American Frontier in Canada should I ever have been pulled over and/or next time I park my car in the *wrong* spot that takes out the side of it, thanks to their bad driving. ;) It was torture to see those $99 Frontiers in stock and *want* one and not be able to buy one! The bad driving that ruined the side of 2 my cars over the years, used to really *yank* my chain, until I got new car seats out of the deal. Never happens when you want it to! LOL

And, LOL true to my usual reading style, when I saw this and even read parts of the link, thought it was the *new* SecureKid that was being cited for the missing sticker, not their baby bucket! If I'm now reading that right! :eek:

tam

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Um, nope, and I'm betting neither would the people that ever might have checked my American Frontier in Canada should I ever have been pulled over and/or next time I park my car in the *wrong* spot that takes out the side of it, thanks to their bad driving. ;) It was torture to see those $99 Frontiers in stock and *want* one and not be able to buy one! The bad driving that ruined the side of 2 my cars over the years, used to really *yank* my chain, until I got new car seats out of the deal. Never happens when you want it to! LOL

And, LOL true to my usual reading style, when I saw this and even read parts of the link, thought it was the *new* SecureKid that was being cited for the missing sticker, not their baby bucket! If I'm now reading that right! :eek:

tam

Well, considering that the US Frontier is different than the Canadian Frontier in terms of energy absorbing foam in the head area, I wouldn't put my kid in an American frontier no matter what sticker was on it.

I know when you live near the border it's easy to get the attitude of thinking it doesn't really matter, but there is a difference between US and Canadian seats, and you can bet that any seat that is modified in order to meet Canadian standards is not a US seat I'd use. And considering that some US seats outright fail Canadian standards, it is actually a pretty big deal to consider using a US seat in Canada. :twocents: (Not that you're saying you would, but someone else reading the forum may think that it's a good idea and decide to do it not realizing that it truly does matter.)

tam_shops

Trudy, you know I wouldn't have, just way too OCD even w/ the right sticker on it...it's just *wrong*! LOL

Always good to make the point though, never know when someone might think what I'm joking about is a good idea, even if it'd still be illegal and unsafe. The $99 Frontiers are long gone, makes it a little less sad to know this though! LOL Reality is, you really don't need the sticker, the reality is people here have been using American seats since before my kids were born and some will continue to do so, not understanding (or caring that there is a difference). Though, I am a bit surprised, I knew there were differences, but even I didn't realize there was *that* much of a difference between these two seats. Makes you wonder why the Americans don't insist on the same version...Still for the $200 price difference, I could have ordered new foam and/or a new head rest! LOL Was impressed w/ Graco recently when someone broke the EPS foam (or something) and Graco was sending them a new one for some absurdly cheap amount like $20.

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC