True Fit covers and a seat question

BlessedMama10

My twins both have Monet covers on their 3 year old TFs and tonight I found out one of them got ripped beyond repair. They were already worn and in need or replacement but funds have been so limited it just hasnt happened yet. Anyone know where I can find one reasonably priced to at least replace this unusable one? She doesn't have a spare seat and this cover is a total loss. I am just sick about it!

I also have another question. Once we get our income tax I plan to do a seat replacement and I need opinions. Right now I have 4 kiddos 3 and under riding in TFs, a MR and a bucket. I don't like the MR like I had hoped so I am going to use it as a back up seat. I want to move Eli into a TF as well as the 4 month old. So do I keep the twins in the TFs and just buy new seat pads for them and buy Elijah and Aliyah both new TFs? Or do I buy 2 different seats for the twins and buy new seat pads for the TFs I already have and pass them down to the little ones? The twins are little, they turned 3 in August and are less than 30lbs although sorta tall but have lots of height room to grow in the TFs still. WWYD? Thanks!

ADS

Pixels

You can check Swap here to look for covers. If it's just temporary until you can get your tax return, it might be cheaper to pick up a Scenera and use that for your younger toddler.

The twins are 3, about 30, and fairly tall. How about the other two kids?

BlessedMama10

Eli is 20 months old and is a thicker build than the twins. He isn't huge but he is probably about the same weight as the twins just shorter and thicker. The baby is 4.5 months so she will be in her bucket a little while longer but it is a 22lb model and she is probably about 16lbs or so now. I figured I would get her a seat with our return since she will be needing a big girl seat within a few months anyway. I am using the MR for Elli right now and of course he is RF but it throws him back so far that he HATES it. I find him taking his arms out and trying to sit upright every time I strap him in so I spend half of the trips we take on the side of the road restrapping him.

BlessedMama10

The twins have been RFing but we just turned them around recently. I drive a Ford E350 and I have 3 across in the middle row. Since there is only a door on one side I have a super hard time reaching the girl on the farthest side from me to get her strapped in properly. They have only been FFing for a few weeks and I have thought about turning them back around since they are so small but I struggle with the issue of reaching them all. I am short, like 5'2 or so and reaching over a TF and a MR to do the harness on the other seat is almost impossible with it RF. I know I just don't want to mess up and get another seat that I hate as bad as this MR.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC