8 month old's shoulders just even with the second slot of a T35 = short torso?

gigi

I *think* my little one has a pretty short torso, but I just want to verify. My son had a jumbo torso and head, so it is hard for me to tell.

Little lady is almost 8 mos and JUST even with the second slots on her T35. She was on the first slot until about 3 weeks ago. She has about 5" above her head. How does this compare to other babies?

ADS

gigi

She doesn't sit well so it is hard to measure her torso, but her shoulders are dead even with those second slots. A T35 is a Teutonia T-Tario 35, a SR35 clone.

She is long and lean. Probably a bit over 16 lbs, about 27".

I'm wondering how long her seats will last...her brother outgrew the Diplomat RF by height at about 20 months which was annoying.

MommyofThree

Ok. Im not sure if this will answer your question completely but Ill give it a go. I had never seen that car seat before but it seems to be alot like the Graco snugride 35. My daughter is 15lbs 8 oz at 7 months old and 26 inches tall. almost the same as your daughter. She rides in a Chicco Keyfit 30. She is on the second to tallest harness height at 10 inch torso. You can measure this by putting her in her car seat and measuring from her butt to the harness. My other daughter was able to stay in the Chicco till she was 19 months old. She is 30 months old today and she is only 25 lbs. I have used the Graco snugride 35 before and its a little bigger than the Chicco Keyfit. My guess would be that she would outgrow it by 18 months.

lovemybabies924

My 13m old is even with the second slot from bottom. She's second slot in everything I have tried except britax.

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

kalamos23

Ds is 9mo and has outgrown his T35 by height, he has less than an inch of shell. I know his torso was at least 12" can't remember if it was 12 and change. I believe his stats are current in my siggy (can't see on the app).

Eta: checked my previous posts bc I had measured him a couple of weeks ago, his torso is 13.25".

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

kirsty

I have the graco logico s which is same seat but can be used till head reaches the top of seat. My 20 month old niece was on second slot around 8 months and now at 20 months she just reached the top slots with about 2 inch to top of seat might be more. In the car she has more room than in pic

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120204_150148.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120204_150148.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 21

gigi

OMG I'd be so happy if she still fit in this seat at 20 months!!! The ONLY complaint I have about the seat is the "anti-rebound" is the handle so I have to leave it up. Otherwise, the thing rocks and was worth every dime!

Please keep letting me know how your kids did, I like the comparisons! So very helpful!

Twinklefae

My 11 month old is 17lbs and she is on the second slots.

100_0933.jpg

acoro

TechnoGranola said:
My newborn is using the 2nd slots in her SR35.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Ok I was starting to get worried. My 2.5 month old is on second slots as well and has been for a month probably

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
OMG I'd be so happy if she still fit in this seat at 20 months!!! The ONLY complaint I have about the seat is the "anti-rebound" is the handle so I have to leave it up. Otherwise, the thing rocks and was worth every dime!
Why don't you like leaving the handle up? I've found it really easy as now that I have to leave it up (prior to 2012 in Canada you didn't have to leave it up) it saves me from flipping it back when I get baby in, and flipping it up when I get baby out. Not sure why I ever wasted time moving the handle around in the vehicle. LOL

ETA: I was interested in the rebound position as I thought the rebound position had only been added to Canadian SR35s (and maybe 22's but I'll focus on 35's) along with the changes to the foot of the shell for anti-rebound. The t-tario 35 doesn't look like it has the shell changes in the pictures and the manual online doesn't mention the anti-rebound handle position for the vehicle. Is your seat brand new? and the manual mentions position A for anti-rebound? If you lift the cover off the foot area of your seat, does it have the piece of plastic circled in the pic below? Or are you not in the U.S. gigi?

Photo%202011-11-21%204%2006%2004%20PM.jpg

Ok I was starting to get worried. My 2.5 month old is on second slots as well and has been for a month probably

Ya, I freaked out when I put her in the seat at less than a week old and realized I had to move the straps up! I seem to recall that my last baby moved up to the 2nd slot on her SS1 really quickly, within the first couple of months for sure. Apparently my kids are born with long torsos!

Last edited:

kirsty

I was trying to fined a pic of my niece at 8 months but could only fined was at 11 months.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120204_163916.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120204_163916.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 18
  • ForumRunner_20120204_164125.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120204_164125.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 23

canadiangie

I was trying to fined a pic of my niece at 8 months but could only fined was at 11 months.

Neato. Our Canadian seats seem to have the same addition along the front edge as yours does. Over here it's to reduce rebound. I can only guess it's for rebound management for you too.

And what nice harness covers your seat has. And no chest clip. Delish. :)

gigi

TechnoGranola said:
Why don't you like leaving the handle up? I've found it really easy as now that I have to leave it up (prior to 2012 in Canada you didn't have to leave it up) it saves me from flipping it back when I get baby in, and flipping it up when I get baby out. Not sure why I ever wasted time moving the handle around in the vehicle. LOL

ETA: I was interested in the rebound position as I thought the rebound position had only been added to Canadian SR35s (and maybe 22's but I'll focus on 35's) along with the changes to the foot of the shell for anti-rebound. The t-tario 35 doesn't look like it has the shell changes in the pictures and the manual online doesn't mention the anti-rebound handle position for the vehicle. Is your seat brand new? and the manual mentions position A for anti-rebound? If you lift the cover off the foot area of your seat, does it have the piece of plastic circled in the pic below? Or are you not in the U.S. gigi?

Mine is a 2010 model. I put anti rebound in quotes above because it isn't specified as such, but I've heard the graco engineers use it up for their kids for this reason and so I do too.

I don't like it up because it is harder to get baby in and out because it blocks my access. It also blocks my son from helping his sister with her paci and toys. Obviously I can move it when necessary, but my 4 y.o. can't :).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC