Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Chicco Keyfit 30 on an airplane?

I'll be flying in March and I'll be purchasing a seat for my 8 month old daughter. I'm planning to bring her Chicco Keyfit 30 infant seat to use during our flight (w/out the base). I've done this with a Graco Snugride a few years ago with my now 5 year old, and if I'm not mistaken the Keyfit is larger. Has anyone ever used this seat on a plane, and how did it fit? I'll be flying Southwest.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Ambassador - CPS Technician

Re: Chicco Keyfit 30 on an airplane?

I believe the KF fits fine on airplanes. If you weren't already planning to, I'd brush up on baseless installs and not take the base. (If you really want the base, bring it on as a carry-on but don't use it on the plane.)
    ~Danielle
    RNC-MNN, BSN
    CPST, SN Trained

Unregistered

We flew with the Chicco Keyfit 30 a couple months ago. We flew on United and Jet Blue. On United (seat pitch in coach was 31 inches), the person in front of us could not recline his seat. On Jet Blue, we purchased seats with extra leg room. We didn't have a problem with the seat in front of us in this situation. I believe we had the arm rest up in both cases.

Admin - CPS Technician

I flew Delta and Southwest with a KF30 and it was fine.