If you needed to buy a convertible for a girl

ILoveMy3Boys

what would you buy?

She's a chunky little thing at nearly 20lbs and only 4 months old but so far she has taken after DS3 so I imagine she will slow down around 18 months. I really only need a seat to ERF her in. Once she flips forward she'll move into one of the FR85s. I'm willing to spend up to about $300 maybe but love to keep it at $200 or under.

FTR I get itchy to flip them a bit before their 4th birthday so a 40lb RF limit is all that is necessary.

Oh oh! I have a 2004 Ford Expedition and she will be going next to a FR85. She sits in the second row passenger side. :)

ETA - Before my boys were in FR85s they were in Radians. I am bored of them and looking for something new!

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I'd get a TF. :twocents:

A TF for a 20 lb 4 month old?

Unless she's even taller than she is heavy, that's not what I'd pick.

A Foonf? LOL. I know it doesn't meat the budget requirement, but...

There are some cute girly My Rides out there...

Maybe a Pria, just for kicks & giggles? Under $200 with the trade-in.

ILoveMy3Boys

Judi didn't you get a TF when I got Nolan's RN65? It originally came with dots?

At her appointment last week she was 25.5 inches but I have no idea what her torso length is.

I keep forgetting to look at the Maxi Cosi!

Why does the MR have TWO Sonatas? Are they actually different?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Where did my my post go? Yes, the tfp I bought that came to your house. No longer in pink though.

stephpook

We picked up one of the $100 Resa My Rides at Target last fall for our little girl (first after three boys too :)). It's been a great choice for us. According to their weekly ad, the My Ride is on sale for $110 at Target this week.

Lenae

A TF for a 20 lb 4 month old?

Unless she's even taller than she is heavy, that's not what I'd pick.

A Foonf? LOL. I know it doesn't meat the budget requirement, but...

There are some cute girly My Rides out there...

Maybe a Pria, just for kicks & giggles? Under $200 with the trade-in.

I didn't even pay attention to how much the baby weighed...:eek:

Get the MR then.

turtlemama

FWIW, my son weighed 20lbs at 4 months and was about the same height and would still fit in the TF now at almost 20 months, if I hadn't sold the TF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC