For Sale 2nd Gen Kindle

BabyKaykes

SOLD

After a month with my new Kindle Fire, I've decided to give this up ::sigh::

Includes:
2nd gen Kindle e-reader (white)
Purple lightening skin by Decal Girl (easily removed)
Purple leather M-Edge GO jacket (has built in slot for m-edge book light)
Wall adapter and mini USB cable
M-Edge book light (white)
$75ppd

No scratches or cracks, works perfectly

Front of case (closed)
0130121330.jpg

Back & front screen/decal
0130121331.jpg
0130121330b.jpg

Inside cover - the rectangular stitching is where the book light goes
0130121330a.jpg

Sorry, I'm not ISO anything...

Last edited:
ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I thought 4. I thought the current keyboardless one is considered a 4th gen Kindle, and the one with the keyboard (3rd gen) is now the Kindle Keyboard.

BabyKaykes

LISmama810 said:
I thought 4. I thought the current keyboardless one is considered a 4th gen Kindle, and the one with the keyboard (3rd gen) is now the Kindle Keyboard.

This.

on my Kindle Fire using the app...I make much more sense IRL...

2BunniesMommy

I am becoming interested, but don't know much about it. How do you get the books on it, do you plug it into your computer or can it do it on its own? Does it store the books on it? Are they expensive? Anything else that I'd need to know, please let me know! I searched for info on it but couldn't find much since they have other versions now.

Thanks!

I am just about to head out of town for the day, but will check back tonight!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
2BunniesMommy said:
I am becoming interested, but don't know much about it. How do you get the books on it, do you plug it into your computer or can it do it on its own? Does it store the books on it? Are they expensive? Anything else that I'd need to know, please let me know! I searched for info on it but couldn't find much since they have other versions now.

Thanks!

I am just about to head out of town for the day, but will check back tonight!

Not the OP, but it has built-in (free) 3G, so you can download books directly to it (over the air) without connecting to a computer. You can buy books either through the device itself, or you can buy them on Amazon (on a computer), and it will wirelessly download to the device as long as you have wifi turned on.

Books range from free to not free ;) Of books that aren't free, I find that they tend to be less expensive than the hard cover, about the same price as paperback. I tend to be very picky about what I read, though. If you're more open to reading "whatever," you can find lots of stuff for free/very cheap.

julia94115

So I am confused- is there a Kindle Keyboard 2 and a Kindle Keyboard 3? Does anyone know?

Or are all Kindle Keyboards gen 3?

Which is currently selling on Amazon?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
julia94115 said:
So I am confused- is there a Kindle Keyboard 2 and a Kindle Keyboard 3? Does anyone know?

Or are all Kindle Keyboards gen 3?

Which is currently selling on Amazon?

1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation Kindles had a keyboard. The thing now called a "Kindle Keyboard" is basically a 3rd generation Kindle.

The current 4th generation Kindle does not have a keyboard.

BabyKaykes

For clarity:

Kindle Generation 1
Generation 2 - what I'm selling
Generation 3 - (which is now UNCHANGED and has been renamed "Kindle Keyboard")
Current 4th Gen Kindle

Kindle 2 has free 3g, which allows for browsing from the Kindle store without needing a computer or paid wifi. I've also used the limited connection to quickly check FB, CL, and CSO. Books are stored on the device, but they'll also be stored on your Amazon account, in case anything ever happens to it and you need a replacement device.

2BunniesMommy

I am 99% certain I want this. Just a couple more quick questions.

Can you use it to read magazine? If yes, and it is a magazine you have a subscription to, is there a way to get it on the kindle without paying again? And for magazines you don't have subs to? Do you have to get a subscription or can you just get one magazine at a time? What is the cost range as far as magazine go?

Thanks!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
2BunniesMommy said:
I am 99% certain I want this. Just a couple more quick questions.

Can you use it to read magazine? If yes, and it is a magazine you have a subscription to, is there a way to get it on the kindle without paying again? And for magazines you don't have subs to? Do you have to get a subscription or can you just get one magazine at a time? What is the cost range as far as magazine go?

Thanks!

You can read magazines, but not all are available for the Kindle. The best thing to do is to check the kindle magazine offerings at Amazon, and also check the website of your magazines. (Some offer issues/subscriptions that are readable on Kindle but not available through the Kindle store.) Whether or not you're charged additional for a digital subscription depends on the magazine.

BabyKaykes

LISmama810 said:
You can read magazines, but not all are available for the Kindle. The best thing to do is to check the kindle magazine offerings at Amazon, and also check the website of your magazines. (Some offer issues/subscriptions that are readable on Kindle but not available through the Kindle store.) Whether or not you're charged additional for a digital subscription depends on the magazine.

:yeahthat:

on my Kindle Fire using the app...I make much more sense IRL...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC