BJCM vs B-Agile--comparison pics! (very pic heavy)

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I was having a really hard time deciding between the two so thought it'd be helpful to compare side by side.

I ended up going with the B-Agile.

Side by Side: City Mini is a little taller, but both were very comfortable to push. Easily push one handed w/ DD riding.
Front:
DSC08925.jpg

Back: The break on the B-Agile is easier to engage IMO. B-Agile has a zip pocket on the back of the canopy, Mini has mesh pocket on seat back.
DSC08923.jpg

Canopies:
DSC08926.jpg

Back Wheels (B-Agile on left, BJCM on right):
DSC08924.jpg

DD (almost 4 years, 39" 34lbs) She said the B-Agile was more comfortable for her. The seat is slightly more padded and has more support. She seemed to have more leg space in the B-Agile, not sure if it was a deeper seat or longer footrest.
DS fell asleep in the carrier so I wasn't able to try him in them.
DSC08929.jpg

DSC08928.jpg

Seat height: (about the same)
DSC08931.jpg

DSC08930.jpg

Headroom w/ canopy open
DSC08932.jpg

DSC08933.jpg

Baskets: (I only had Sophie to use as something for scale)
B-Agile--more easily accessible from back
DSC08934.jpg

BJCM
DSC08935.jpg

Folded: B-Agile is *slightly* larger when folded and "thicker"
DSC08936.jpg

DSC08937.jpg

I forgot to get pics of them reclined, but both have infinite reclines and are equally as easier to adjust.
(The pics were rotated in photobucket and should adjust soon...)

ADS

Mags462

This may be a dumb question but was the Agile just as easy to fold? I mean i know the mechanism is supposedly the same but i was just curious if it actually DID function as well..... b/c i :love: that easy BJ fold. ;)

crunchierthanthou

I believe several of those differences have been addressed with the 2012 GT (wheel size, basket access, seat depth and support, foot well length...), but it's also more than twice the price of what you paid.

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
This may be a dumb question but was the Agile just as easy to fold? I mean i know the mechanism is supposedly the same but i was just curious if it actually DID function as well..... b/c i :love: that easy BJ fold. ;)

Yes it is. The only difference is you need to press a little button before you pull the handle to fold it, but hat only adds seconds to folding. I like that the B-Agile has an automatic lock when folded, unlike the Mini.

I know they made changes for the 2012 model, but knew some people were looking to get that 2011 models on sale like I was. I am very indecisive, especially when shopping online so i really liked being able to check them out side by side.

gsdguenter

Did you find this in Portland? I've been contemplating selling my strollers and getting just one new one. The BRU in Newington isn't that big so I assume they wouldn't have those, or am I wrong?

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
Did you find this in Portland? I've been contemplating selling my strollers and getting just one new one. The BRU in Newington isn't that big so I assume they wouldn't have those, or am I wrong?

Yes, it's was at the South Portland store. I was at the Newington one the other day, but didn't look at the strollers so I'm not sure if they are there. I don't think they have a very big baby gear section though.

Jillian

I tried them out back in august and actually decided on the bjcm. :/

I didn't want to have to push that button to collapse it and the britax kind of felt rickety to me. Maybe the floor model had been abused? It felt like my Liteway after we took it on the boardwalk. Loose screws or something.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC