What seat for a 4yo in a 2009 Forester?

willowlott

DD1 is just about to outgrow her TFP rf by weight (she was about 34lbs fully clothed when I checked last week) and DD2 is just about to outgrow her Diplomat by height. I was thinking I would pass the TFP down to DD2 and get DD1 a new seat, but I'm not sure what to look for? She will be 4 next week so I'm not sure if I should consider something with rf capabilities or just look for something for ff? You ladies are all so knowledgeable I figured my first step should be to just ask.

ADS

Lemonade

If you want to RF her, the radian/Diono seats will be best/longest lasting. You'd probably need the angle adjustor to make it work in a Forester.

If you are no longer going to RF, you can check out the Britax Frontier, Graco Nautilus, Evenflo Maestro or Evenflo Secure Kid 300/400. They are all forward facing harness seats that turn into boosters. The Maestro doesn't last long as a booster though.

pastrygirl

I was able to install a RNXT in my 2009 Forester without the angle adjuster. I couldn't install it in the center, though.

I have a Nautilus for FF, and it works great. Very easy install with the seatbelt. (Subaru 60-pound LATCH limit is weight of the child PLUS the seat...)

bubbaray

For a 4yo, I'd be absolutely fine buying her a FFg only harnessed seat (Frontier, Nautilus and Maestro, in order of my personal preference).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC