So what does everyone think of the Volvo SCC?

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
That's one SMALL "family" car. Great if you only have 1-2 kids, no pets and never bring friends or family with you. Oh, and if you go on vacation, don't plan on bringing luggage.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
DH says its looks pretty fugly and he's usually the last person to comment on how a car looks, lol. He also wants to know how much head room it has, and I'm wondering if it seats more than 4 passengers? Adequate head room is DH's big nemesis when car shopping.

southpawboston

harnessed4ever, did you read that it's supposed to come out in 2010? i couldn't find that anywhere.

it's still a concept car, and concept cars rarely look much like the actual production versions, if they ever even see the light. if this ever makes it to production (it's been around since 2001 as a concept), it will for sure be much more conservatively styled. more likely, it never will, but small bits and pieces of the safety innovations will trickle into "normal" volvo cars over the next few years. that's usually how concept cars work... as just a showcase for promising technologies that may or may not trickle down into mainstream production cars. some production cars (like the french citroen) already have some of the features that this volvo concept has (for example, a variation of the lane change warning).

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
That is a really neat concept car. :)

I would just like to see if it will actually make it to market and, if it does, how similar the actual product will be.

I do like a lot of the concepts, though!

Roof pillars are definitely a problem. The new (well, it isn't that new anymore) Toyota FJ Cruiser has RIDICULOUS roof pillars in the back. Have you all see those?

southpawboston

what i'm noticing is that roof pillars are getting thicker lately, and my only two guesses are 1) style (??? why???) and 2) structural integrity. the thicker the pillar, the more stable the entire structure (not only the roof). they are essential to keep the passenger safety cage intact in a crash. next time you see a volvo parked in a lot, take a look at the B-pillar (the one that the front shoulder belt is attached to). notice how far into the car it extends. it's one thick pillar. then look at the car parked next to the volvo. most likely it's much thinner.

cdncasper

Love the seatbelts but they leave me with 2 questions....how do you install a carseat in the back and how in the world do you fit a big old pregnant belly in the front?????????

harnessed4ever

Yeah, I saw this before but never read it. It might have been a rumor that a more eye pleasing and spacious version was coming out in '10. However, I'm pretty sure that the 4 point harnesses will be on some ford and volvo cars in the near future. They're still working on the prego thing, but the seat installation is SIMPLE. I have to do it all the time. I have special harnesses in my car that replace the standard ones. You use it like you normally would only you perform the shoulder belt thingy on both sides. It holds the seat REALLY tight.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Love the seatbelts but they leave me with 2 questions....how do you install a carseat in the back and how in the world do you fit a big old pregnant belly in the front?????????

I agree! I like the idea of a 4pt harness but I think we are still many many years out before we see our first production vehicle with 4pt harnesses. With the picture design of those 4pt belts of using them with a carseat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC