How long does a Coccoro last?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Depends entirely on the kid.

My daughter is a bit on the tall side, with a long torso. She outgrew it RF just after she turned 2.

Oh, and for the record, she is currently 2 years 9 months and 36". She has a half-inch of shell over her head right now (not being used, of course).

skylinphoto

Here's pics of my then 2.5 yr old dd (about 20lbs and 34" then) in the cco:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=146589

And she outgrew it less than a year later (had a major torso growth spurt). Here she is in it at 3.5 ..exactly a year after those pictures in the above link. I believe she was 24-25lbs and around 37" here.

IMG_20111105_195241.jpg

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Wow, he is short-torsoed. My DD, who outgrew the CCO almost a year ago, is only 36.5 inches.

He is ALL LEGS, it's insane haha. He's an ERFing dream though - this is from the other day, check out how much room he has in our Radian :love: --

381393_10150474510043924_511388923_8867842_1128096159_n.jpg

He gained at least an inch of growing room with the angle adjuster!

abigaylebelle

The roundabout is slightly shorter than the coccoro in internal seated height. My ds outgrew both rf by weight at 4 but not by height until 4.5 around 40". He is at one inch rf in the roundabout with a 13" torso and a big head.

christineka

I have short torsoed and light kids. My ds2 had outgrown the seat at age 4 and 33 pounds. My dd3 (who outgrew the scenera at 6.5 years) outgrew the coccoro rear-facing at age 4 and 30 pounds and forward facing at around age 5. She's quite the exceptionally small child, though.

He is ALL LEGS, it's insane haha. He's an ERFing dream though - this is from the other day, check out how much room he has in our Radian :love: --

He gained at least an inch of growing room with the angle adjuster!

Wow! He's got more room than my one year old! My 3 year old's head is right about at the sunshine with the angle adjuster.

Is there a big difference in his clothing sizes? DS1 has short legs (MIL's side of the family) and is always a size behind his shirts. We can't buy anything as a set because one part is always too big/small. The other day I told DH that we're going to have problems when DS2 (averagely proportioned) grows into brother's clothes--depending on the season, he'll need all new smaller tops or bigger bottoms :p.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Wow! He's got more room than my one year old! My 3 year old's head is right about at the sunshine with the angle adjuster.

Is there a big difference in his clothing sizes? DS1 has short legs (MIL's side of the family) and is always a size behind his shirts. We can't buy anything as a set because one part is always too big/small. The other day I told DH that we're going to have problems when DS2 (averagely proportioned) grows into brother's clothes--depending on the season, he'll need all new smaller tops or bigger bottoms :p.

Right now he's in 3T pretty solidly, he can wear some 4T tops and 4T pants fit him lengthwise but I could fit two of him in the waist lol. In a couple months he's going to be too leggy for his 3T jeans though and moving up jean sizes is always problematic because he's so skinny - thank god for adjustable waist jeans from Old Navy - they're the only ones that fit him right! There was a whole season last year where he was in 3T tops and 2T bottoms though!

penguingrooves

the coccoro is also narrow. my off-the-chart petite 31-pounder (age 4 1/2) technically fits weight- and height-wise, but her shoulders are hunched forward. so it depends on the kid.

kam1011

My DD outgrew her CCO RF right after her second birthday by height and she's a shorty overall. I don't know her torso height, but we ARE disproportionally long-torsoed in this family. I moved her to a MR.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
DS at 2 years 7 months. He hadn't entirely outgrown it at that point, but not too long after. Around 3 I think.
1284931054.jpg

Woah he has TONS of room in that pic!!

DS is very small (2y6m, 21lb, 33") and he is really close to outgrowing it
c17ec182.jpg

This was him in May (1y10m):
daef8b0d.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC