News Foonf

tam_shops

How fun!

Time to drool w/ a June-July 2012 availability date!. This is a local store, I care for it about as much as the other local store near me, though I've heard fewer complaints about them, my friends are past that *baby* stage where all the big purchases are made that leads to the *problems* so take that w/ a grain of salt. At any rate, it didn't impress me that they had 2005-6 20# Peg buckets for sale w/ non-clearance prices in 2009. *That* salesmanship, really bothers me. Slap a *sale* price on the seat, even $10 off and buyer beware, ask why it's on sale etc. I *figured* out that car seats expire before I bought my first one, so consumers have to take some of the responsibility but still, I don't like it! LOL

I'm sure Snugglebugz will have them up soon, it's just fun to look at and see the Canadian Price, I was actually expecting it to be $500...

I'm hoping my car gets taken out next summer, replace one RN and one GN for one Foonf and one Frontier! LOL Never happens when you want it to, only when it's least convenient to buy a new car or seats! LOL

tam

ADS

April

Crocodile Baby has had them up for a while too. I have the Heart Shades pic as my FB profile picture. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

noahsmom24

Why can't Britax have prettier covers like these!? I'd love more of a color selection then the what I feel like Normal BLUE, RED, BLACK, TAN kind of stuff....
The Foonf seats look really neat and are so pretty. :)

mam521

$500 isn't THAT bad when you consider its long life span, the fabrics they've used and the best part is the safety features they've used. It really is an engineering marvel.

Think of it this way: 9yr expiration

9yrs = 108mo

$500/108mo = $4.63/mo for that seat.

Diono Radian RXT: 8yr expiration on the harness

8yrs = 96mo

$360/96mo = $3.75/mo for that seat

Foonf really has an opportunity to give the Radian a run for its money when you consider there is less than a dollar a month separating their costs. Many, many people have bought the Radians at their current price point and the Foonf has some pretty innovative technology built in - the ARB system for RF looks pretty awesome. I dunno - I'm personally willing to give up a Starbucks or a pair of Tim's coffees a month to get my filthy hands on one of those seats ;)

canadiangie

I have such high hopes for Foonf. :)

Still can't decide which pattern, but I'm leaning towards a black shell for practical reasons, so I'm guessing Heart Shades will be what I go with, assuming the seat doesn't disappoint once released.

Looking forward to spring...

tam_shops

If the Foonf has an easy RF install, I totally think it will give the RN a run for it's money. It also looks like it has an adjustable recline?? Which you have to spend extra money to get w/ the RN.

And, of course the Foonf Easy install FF, LOVE the look of that!

I think the install and easy washable fabric will appeal to a lot of people and then they'll hope for a sale. If they have good marketing and get some product placement, then it will become popular fast.

I want one and don't even need another RF seat.

tam

mam521

Oh Tam, I think you hit the nail on the head - it comes down to marketing. Britax's popularity can be attributed to their marketing I think. If Clek can market like Britax, let the war begin ;)

equilibrium

AND if you are a certified CRST/CPST in Canada or the USA-you can qualify for a 30% off the MRSP of Clek seats. Um, yes! So suddenly your $500 seat might be a lot less. Enough to justify it to my dh perhaps?:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC