How many of us have own/do own or have encountered a short strapped Radian?

How many short strapped Radian's are there in Canada?

• I own/owned a short strapped Radian

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • I saw a display Radian that was short strapped

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I know someone who owns/have owned one(who is not on this board and will not be answering this poll)

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Doesn't the email say that the returned seats have to be in saleable condition? Why would they have to be if they are not planning on re-using them?

I'm really really hoping that wording is just there to convey that you can't be having a seat that was already unusable being sent in for a replacement. I'm hoping anyways.

ADS

tiger926

I'm really really hoping that wording is just there to convey that you can't be having a seat that was already unusable being sent in for a replacement. I'm hoping anyways.

Maybe that's what it means - I guess any techs who live near the Distribution centre would know for sure if they see many older Radians for sale?

I surely am hoping that this is what it means, Tiger

smurf

Oh no!!!

I just realized that one of my Radians is a short strapped one!

DS is at the second from top slots and the harness is so tight it hurts him!
DD's Radian (top slots) seems fine so far).

Problem is, I bought them from CT online more than a year ago (09/2006). I'll try to return it to my local CT + keep you posted on how it goes.

ladybug_mom

Tam...I just measured and I did indeed get "short-strapped", but it does have Radian65 embroidered on it...and when I went into CT tonight and all of the other seats I saw only had Radian on them.

I'm so flustered with this!

smurf

I think The Radian's Canadian distributor is full of s**t and not willing to admit that their product is defective. I just emailed them this:

To whom it may concern:

This issue has nothing to do with the increase in weight limit of your car seat. My child is nowhere near the weight limit of this seat (he is currently 34 lbs and about 40 inches, nowhere near the 48 lbs limit) and the straps are almost too short at the second from top slots. He will soon outgrow his seat. His sister's seat (purchased at the same time from Canadian Tire.ca) is percectly fine and the harness on her seat is clearly longer because she's at the top slots and the harness can still be lengthened. I think you are responding in bad faith and are not willing to admit that some Raidan seats have a clearly identifiable defect.

I am quite disappointed in your customer service but it seems I have no choice but to return this defective seat to you, at my own expense. I also have to buy a replacement seat in the meantime because I need to use a seat on a daily basis for my son and cannot wait for you to send me a replacement for this defective seat.
Again I totally disagree with your assessment of the situation.

Sincerely,
XXXX

Needless to add I am quite pi**ed off.
And I have no choice but to buy another Radian because it's the only seat that'll fit in my car. :mad:

hipmaman

Tam...I just measured and I did indeed get "short-strapped", but it does have Radian65 embroidered on it...and when I went into CT tonight and all of the other seats I saw only had Radian on them.

I'm so flustered with this!

Oh, no. I was happy for you to hear that you didn't think you had short straps. Sigh...

I managed to find a CT close enough (about 30 minutes each way, lol) and they had new/emergency shipment from the warehouse. So they had 8 Radians not even out on the floor yet, but only allowed me to open 3 boxes after I explained the situation. All of them were short-strapped.

Btw, I don't think the manager there really care about the short-strap situation because they still sell them like hot cakes at this price. But the customer service lady promised that she would let the General Manager know. Who knows where this goes.

snowbird25ca

I managed to find a CT close enough (about 30 minutes each way, lol) and they had new/emergency shipment from the warehouse. So they had 8 Radians not even out on the floor yet, but only allowed me to open 3 boxes after I explained the situation. All of them were short-strapped.

Wow, 3 of the 8 received are short strapped for sure, good bet the other 5 are too then? This is adding up to way way more than the initial 25 to 50 given then. And explains why all the sudden they're changing their tune. It was fine when they thought they'd be done once they'd replaced 30 or 40, but now they're looking at replacing maybe a hundred or more seats... and they're seeing the dollar signs for it. :thumbsdown:

Smurf, I'm sorry you're in this position. I would be right ticked to have to buy another RN in the meantime too. Is it an option to try and return the seat that's over a year since you bought it to CT and see if you at least won't lose out on the shipping money?

smurf

Is it an option to try and return the seat that's over a year since you bought it to CT and see if you at least won't lose out on the shipping money?

I tried that, won't work.

Now if I had tried it 3 weeks ago it would have. *insert favorite curse*

hipmaman

Wow, 3 of the 8 received are short strapped for sure, good bet the other 5 are too then? This is adding up to way way more than the initial 25 to 50 given then. And explains why all the sudden they're changing their tune. It was fine when they thought they'd be done once they'd replaced 30 or 40, but now they're looking at replacing maybe a hundred or more seats... and they're seeing the dollar signs for it. :thumbsdown:

The store nearest to me called because they had 2 more that just came in. Well, we opened both up and they were both short. :(

That makes 2 I bought, 3 boxed and 1 displayed yesterday and 2 boxed today. Hmmm, the interesting is they all had strap lot ID 487599, except the first one I bought being 436235.

I think the count is much higher than the initial estimate of 25 to 50.

That was my last ditch effort at getting a regular length RN at a great price. Totally disappointed at the whole thing.

snowbird25ca

The store nearest to me called because they had 2 more that just came in. Well, we opened both up and they were both short. :(

That makes 2 I bought, 3 boxed and 1 displayed yesterday and 2 boxed today. Hmmm, the interesting is they all had strap lot ID 487599, except the first one I bought being 436235.

I think the count is much higher than the initial estimate of 25 to 50.

That was my last ditch effort at getting a regular length RN at a great price. Totally disappointed at the whole thing.

Wow, that's 8 you've personally seen, another 5 in box that are likely short strapped, this problem is much bigger than I think any of us on this board even suspected. When I bought mine it was the only one on the shelf and the demo was short strapped, so that's 15 (1 of which is replaced though.) Almost makes me want to go around to stores and open boxes to see & get a count.

Add that to the 20 he told me had been replaced already back in August - not counting mine, how many are on this board that haven't been replaced, and we're starting to see a pretty big #.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC