Need some input.

Kobain's Mommy

So I'm thinking a head. So there are 3 vehicles that the kids rid in on a regular basis and my dad's truck which needs seats for emergencies. The ones they are in the most are my mom's car and my car. My classic MA expires in April and I plan to replace it with another classic MA or if I get a good deal on a MA70. I really like the MA for his backup since it installs well in many vehicles and is easy to get in. Right now it's in my cousin's truck. When BRU/TRU has their spring Great Trade In I plan on taking the MA there and getting a FR85 for DH truck. I won't use it till May when he's 2(he's already 30lbs clothed) in there but once he's 2 I have to FF him in the truck. Right now it's doable for the two RFing but I'm really close to the dash(no airbag) and front window with a seatbelt extender. Most likely will FF him in dad's truck too, but he'll be RFing in both cars till 3. Both truck have been fitted with two tether spots outboard. But I need to get a seat for each vehicle and would like 2 back up for each. Till DD outgrows our SR32 we can use that as a back up for her. I'm thinking I can just watch the sales and maybe if I can get a good deal on a second MA or RA for her? My issue is I don't know what to put in my dad's truck for DS. Maybe a GN?

Current seats I have
CA65LX-sitting in the garage
CA65-Mom's car
CA65-DH's truck
CCO-My Car
MR- Dad's truck
MA-C- DS's Backup seat(expires in April)
SR32- Base in all 4 vehicles
SK Tribute- in garage

What I'm thinking after DS turns 2
My Car(currently 05 Neon, may be a Caravan this spring)- CCO for DD and CA65 for DS
DH's Truck(97 Ram)- CA65 for DD and FR85 for DS
Mom's Car(03 PT Cruiser)- CA65LX for DS and MR65 for DD(pending both fit side by side RFing in there.
Dad's Truck(98 Ram)- Tribute for DD and ???? for DS
Backups- MA for DS and SR32 for DD till out grown after that ???

ADS

Jessica61624

I'd use the CA sitting around for ds in your dads vehicle. It's a great ff seat. And the trade in will be in Feb iirc.

I just re read LOL if your going to ff a maestro for your dads vehicle.

Kobain's Mommy

Would you get the em with his stats? Right now he's 30 lbs clothed and 35" with his shoes on. The nurse did a quick stat with him last month at dd's apt. He has a short torso but long legs.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Are you opposed to a Radian? I'm thinking that if he's already 30lbs at 20mos, he may not make it to 3 in even a 40lb seat. You could get it and install it FF in your Dad's truck, and then whenever DS outgrows the CA by weight, you could switch and have him use the CA in the truck and put the RN RF in your car (especially if you're going to have a Caravan; the install is amazingly upright there.)

Do you find the MR or Tribute easy enough to install to use as a backup seat?

Kobain's Mommy

Well I guess I forgot to hit send and backed out last night....

Anyways I'm fine with a RN but DH will not go for the price tag. Unless I get a super deal on one in order for him to let me get one. His weight so far has been holding for the past few months, he's still got a lot of thinning out to do.

I find the Tribute a PITA to install. It's the basic stripped down one like Walmart sold cheap but a blah tan cover. There is no way I can get DS in that seat. He hates it with a passion so it has to be for DD. And DH doesn't want the MR in the garage because he thinks it takes up a lot of space.

Kobain's Mommy

Oh and Sunday we ended up buying a RA50 in Ashton instead of a MA at Target. I'm not a fan of the cover on the MA and DS was about the same shell height for both. I figure it'll be his sister's before he hits 50lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC